2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motor alarm issues right away led to kicker run out NA yesterday afternoon. Got 2 on bait at 50ft. Put on all my clothes and rain gear and anchored up at coward's cove slept under the stars on the deck of the whaler. Seals were farting but I slept well. Couldn't find one today. Weird currents. Left at noon to get home to Okanagan. Slow run in, busy slow and muddy at Mcdonald. Slow drive thru FV.
Need to figure out motor as we have another trip to Ukee Monday.

Some pics from today the first one has to be at least 24lbs. This was the one from earlier today the thing peeled line went under the downrigger had to pass the rod under and then to land it guess what happened? it was to difficult to net by myself it wrapped around the downrigger I reached in and grabbed it by the gills. It was a red and then later I got what felt like 25 lbs white. All at 76' t10 to sandheads.

Qsu8VV1.jpg

yKMLCAV.jpg

Hit T10 for the night bite 430-730
Bagged 2 one white one red, lost one and released 2. Seemed to be hanging a little north of the bouy. Last one was a real dickhead. Popped clip, straight at then under boat. Double rigger job, both main and kicker kegs, opposite rod and unplugged my remote steering at the kicker in the chaos somehow. Got her in in the end of it, made a few boats turn off in the chaos so sorry bout that if you’re reading.
37/57, old school red flasher and chrome head has been top producer so far for me, followed by the Betsy/Uv green

The early am bite seemed slower at North arm compared to yesterday but had our chances. Got sealed and found some creative ways to get them unhooked. Moved to sandheads. Started getting them 27-47. Had to split at 3 while the bite seemed to be building. All a smaller grade than yesterday 10-15lbs

Last edited:
Fished SH today 6 - 8 PM. Only one shaker. It's quite strange because I see lots of good reports off slack time, but when I go out when it supposed to be good - no luck. Is it because of not enough light? Using anchovies + green teaser head around 50-60 ft.

Fished Sandheads from 7am till 5pm , long day but was too nice didn't want to leave . No real hot bite , but consistent action to keep us busy .
Took home 4 Spring , 1 Red , 1 White , 2 Marbled , and a bonus 2 hatchery Coho .
Everything on anchovies, 37 to 57 feet .

Vanier was almost full when I got there around 8am yesterday (2 hour traffic delay on my way in). That said, the opposite side with the car stalls was pretty much empty so I wonder if anyone would give you grief if you parked on that side if the main side was already full....
Thanks for the info

We got 4 nice spring at sandheads Wednesday. Missed 2 good strikes. Landed atleast 8 jack spring and released a wild coho. It was definitely slower than Tuesday.

Crickets......lol everyone must be busy.
Or workin hard to finnish up...!

Yesterday we fished north arm, QA then tach down centre harbour- 1 wild coho while letting line out to clip on rigger- screamer- pretty cool-
QA- 2 wild coho only on chovy- 75 feet
Centre harbour- 2nd mile marker- pop off- good fish- gone in 20 seconds-50 feet
Bam- next rod goes off- another wild coho at 57
- none in the box for us-
I would fish t-10 to sandheads next-
We will See what this full moon does for the fishing-
Some more work on the grew and will be back out to report!

Yesterdays catch there's some nice chrome fish moving in the bigger one was a red spring, fished North arm depths of 30-60 at first light then 40 to 80' and T10 ,heavy currents in certain area's watch the gear presentation... bait show the red had a 10" long half digested fish in it
IMG_3331.JPG

Catch from Sept 1 opener did not disappoint into to quite a few fish my son and i... Tuesday was really good at the North arm compared to yesterday
04A65761-A8A2-44CC-87F7-A668A6CB4B0B.JPG

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Reeltime, post: 1013502, member: heavy currents in certain area's watch the gear presentation...
View attachment 56608[/QUOTE]

This was huge I found. Speed was all over the map the last two days. I was really really checking my roll at the side of the boat before I dropped. That's in all directions too. Hit most fish going dead slow.

[QUOTE="Reeltime, post: 1013502, member: heavy currents in certain area's watch the gear presentation...
View attachment 56608

Big time speed varies from 300' to 600' of water or protected by the jetty so many variables, if your a fish and would smash your bait then your good
i'm gonna start running a hoochie on one side for the sporadic speeds

Last edited:
On my way home from SH. Two springs. 12-14 & 20-25. Picked up another 20+? on the troll back. 35, 90&90 on the riggers. Anchovy on two and one on AP 4” double green spoon. Hoocthies and spoons for the troll back. Hoping for a couple Coho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back