2020 Tofino Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
We picked up a tyee on a hootchie yesterday as well, bit different area. There are some bigger fish around at the moment. a lot of 10-12. A bunch of 18-22, and the odd Tyee

Last edited:
We picked up a tyee on a hootchie yesterday as well, bit different area. There are some bigger fish around at the moment. a lot of 10-12. A bunch of 18-22, and the odd Tyee

thanks for the report. Heading over Thursday for a few days. Hoping to find a few springs. 10-15lbers are fine. Great eaters.

Any reports? Heading up on Tuesday. Wondering if anchovy is the ticket up there this time of year. Any reports are appreciated. It will be my first time in Tofino on a fishing trip.

602-glows.jpg

Yes, anchovies in uv, chartreuse or white glow heads depending on the light and water colour. Don't be afraid to try small spoons when fishing the surfline and the brown turd is always a good bet for the lunkers

baits been small all season.

first day on the water since last Friday. Slow for me and sounds like slow for pretty much everyone.

Is this typically the hottest time of year for Tofino fishing? I'm heading up Tuesday for a week. I went out today and bought that 602 plug. Dog breath recommend. 3" and 4". I've in Reading archive reports from the past. Seems like mid to end of August is typically the best time. Very excited

Is this typically the hottest time of year for Tofino fishing? I'm heading up Tuesday for a week. I went out today and bought that 602 plug. Dog breath recommend. 3" and 4". I've in Reading archive reports from the past. Seems like mid to end of August is typically the best time. Very excited
A big rain in August gets the fish moving around. They are around somewhere but it’s a big ocean to find them.
Make sure you have anchovy’s

Coho have finally arrived. Put in 2.5 hours today, 1 spring 2 coho right out front. Most people are fishing lighthouse or Portland, and have had to work for them.

I arrived in Tofino this afternoon. Launched late and only had about an hour to fish. We went outside wickaninnish island. It was very rough and windy. We got one spring at 35 feet with a white hoochie. Fairly productive considering the short window of time. But is there a better place to hide out from the rough water that you can keep a Chinook.

Depends on wind direction. Tomorrow supposed to be nice, Friday morning as well.

Depends on wind direction. Tomorrow supposed to be nice, Friday morning as well.
Thanks for the info. Do you think that spot off of wickaninnish is a decent spot? Its our first time here. Seemed good today except for the wind.

I tried to punch out to the chloro break near the commercial fleet yesterday but pulled up at 60 miles for nadda. Headed back into the outside ammo dump and joined the rest of the fleet scratch fishing. Water wasn’t great, mixed green and blue. Managed 8. Most boats were around the same.

Yesterday we made it out to portland and got three spring and released a couple, I was hoping for that huge forth. We kept the three and released two. Thursday we got two by the lighthouse. The Herring aid coho killer is top producer so far. Today is going to be rough so we'll see if we can get into it. I received a couple DMS so far helping me out. I really appreciate it. This site is a good tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back