23' & 26' Hourston Project Commenced...

What to do?

• Try and keep the boat and complete the project.

Votes: 71 71.0%
  • Sell the boat in current hot market.

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • Notch the transom for outboard.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Add extension bracket for outboard.

Votes: 57 57.0%
  • Install twin outboards.

Votes: 42 42.0%
  • Install single outboard.

Votes: 27 27.0%
  • Add command bridge.

Votes: 15 15.0%
  • Remove command bridge.

Votes: 42 42.0%
  • Accept "crowd funding"

Votes: 29 29.0%
  • Do not accept "crowd funding"

Votes: 16 16.0%

• Total voters
Not sure on the command bridge, thoughts...? Personally I am 50/50 but my wife likes the command bridge.

IMG_0716.jpeg
IMG_0716 copy 2.jpg

Last edited:
Centrifugal force says no

Votes only count when based on aesthetics, sunny days and dead calm water conditions :) haha

I vote yes! On nice calm days would be so nice to be up there especially since your cabin is enclosed.. be nice to feel the wind blowing!

Votes only count when based on aesthetics, sunny days and dead calm water conditions :) haha

Command bridge increases usable space by a third, more party space at Shuswap, better vis cruising and fishing on calm water and stay below when rough. Yes.

I know you are going outboard but have to mention my 200 hpVolvo D3 duoprop. Last night cruising 22 to 27 mph at 6.5 to 7 gph - US - so more like 5 to 6.

Command bridge increases usable space by a third, more party space at Shuswap, better vis cruising and fishing on calm water and stay below when rough. Yes.

I know you are going outboard but have to mention my 200 hpVolvo D3 duoprop. Last night cruising 22 to 27 mph at 6.5 to 7 gph - US - so more like 5 to 6.

Honestly, if I had my time back and knowing what I know I would have seriously considered keeping it an inboard based solely on cruising and family, also less expensive and easy to get parts for, taking fishing out of the equation.

NO WAY, NO WAY, NO WAY.

That is such a sleek sexy looking classic boat please don’t butch it.

You’ve got a classic there Robert, do it right. Some times the wife is just wrong and this is one of those times.

You want a house boat, buy a Commander this a classic fishing boat with classic lines, keep it for what it’s intended for. I know fishing isn’t the intended primary use but it can be very functional for all your activities with out the porch on top of it.

Father-in-law votes yes. Wife's are always right, you have a ways to go before your training is complete "young padawan"... lol ;)

You want a house boat, buy a Commander this a classic fishing boat with classic lines, keep it for what it’s intended for. I know fishing isn’t the intended primary use but it can be very functional for all your activities with out the porch on top of it.

O no you didn't just play the "commander" card... :eek: haha :D

For commander owners I take no responsibility and can only assume this comment was made in haste, I am certain he was consumed and in a weakened state of shock with thoughts of me ruining this fine looking vessel. Please forgive him for he know not what he says... :) haha

*EDIT*
I totally see both perspectives as well as +'s and -'s to the bridge, we have discussed this a couple of times now over the last several months and I included it in a poll, although the results show in favour of NOT installing the bridge I still must consider what's going to work best for the fam as it would be another hang out place (on sunny, dead calm conditions). For a full time coastal fishing boat I can see it kinda swaying the other way...

Last edited:
"Votes only count when based on aesthetics" , then my vote is no.

Looks awesome without it. A lean, mean, sleek looking machine. With it,,,,,not so much.

And since this is from one Newf to another, my vote counts as two. LOL

"Votes only count when based on aesthetics" , then my vote is no.

Looks awesome without it. A lean, mean, sleek looking machine. With it,,,,,not so much.

And since this is from one Newf to another, my vote counts as two. LOL

LovIt thx ya! :)

Father-in-law votes yes. Wife's are always right, you have a ways to go before your training is complete "young padawan"... lol ;) .

Mmm no,, been married for 30 years to the same girl, been together for 35 years, just not afraid to state the obvious and be honest with each other.

Back