WANTED: 10,000lbs Capacity I-Beam Trailer

Does it come with a manual winch or an electrical one -can't make it out on the photo
It’s a 2 speed manual. I used to have an electric winch, I couldn’t get it to pull my boat all the way up my old trailer. Not sure if the winch clutch was worn, or the trailer wasn’t set up correctly. I haven’t used a bran new winch, but till I do, I prefer the 2 speed manual. Some things I just like simple :)

Yeah why don't you give us some details on the purchase?

Sure, it’s a Tuff Trailer #13,000 capacity, short version. -they come in long or short.
My boats around #8500 only semi loaded.
Tuff offered a 9k and then the 13k capacities. No way I was going with a 9, If I’m spending this kind of money, I don’t want to be just on the edge of overloading the trailer. My thoughts where, Having A fair bit more capacity in the trailer then I need will prolong its life. Way less strain and heat in the bearing. Less work for the breaks. Less frame flex and what not. Just easier for the trailer. Also, I want to have 100% confidence when towing. I tow safety and according to my load, but I don’t want to have thoughts about oh oh, this is hard on the trailer when A big sneaky pot hole come up and there’s not enough time to slow down, or if I have to crank her all tight for a turn and the wheels on the the trailer are scrubbing, I just don’t want to have to worry about it. I’m probly crazy, but I think it’s came from having a trailer in the past that scares the crap out of me. Every time I idled over a speed bump and the thing didn’t buckle or snap was a good day. It was stressful.... but it allowed me to maintain my boat, when necessary...
Anyways, this trailer is actually a 2018, but had never sold. Bought it new from Sherwood marine. Most people after a 13k capacity trailer have boats in the 28-30 ft range. Which is what the Long version trailers are meant for. Tuffs short version is for 26-28 foot boats. Not very common for a 26ft boat (mines 26) to need/want a 13k capacity trailer. That’s why I assume this trailer sat on the lot for a year or so. ?
It had galvanized rims, I asked what the price difference was for the aluminum mags, and it was around $100 per rim. In this price range, IMO, silly not to. I think they make the trailer look very sharp...
6 wheel disk brakes. Obviously electric or hydronic brakes. Torsion axles.
I was ok with it being a 2018 because all the warranty starts from the day of the sale.
I had them write it on my bill of sale:
5 year on brakes
5 year on bearings
2 year major structural
1 year brake controller
Lifetime on the lights
Parts and labour...
There might have been one other warranty I’m forgetting..
Only issue is when I got it home one of the bunks carpet had caught the wind and torn open. I guess the carpet didn’t like sitting in the sun for that year or two... sort of surprising?
But I talked to Sherwood, and They are going to replace the carpet no charge. I’m kinda happy about it actually, the carpet is gray now, and I prefer black... lol I’m going to be babying this trailer more than my boat !

I have the same trailer - it is HD unit no doubt. Long trailer hauls on Van Isle with a 10,000 wet boat. Handles the rough sections and road rolls up near McNeill no problem. Excellent build all around.

Very happy with my tuff trailer dual axle 6000#. Replaced one led light through warranty, contacted tuff trailer and they sent me a replacement free of charge. Good luck with your new purchase

When you bought it from them did they set it up for your boat?
I asked them to include the setup of the trailer with my offer on the trailer, but they said there’s too many variables, and took some money off the trailer, and said they would rather not include the set up. But they do offer the service, I believe it’s $100 an hour. They jack the boat up on stands and roll the trailer under it, and go from there. I’m going to try doing it with a buddy, a couple cordless impact guns, and a slow evening at the ramp.

Back