Tuna charter Bamfield to Tofino

fish brain

Crew Member
Hi All,
I'm considering a tuna charter from the lower island area Bamfield to Tofino ish. Any recommendations on who to charter? There will be three of us.
How expensive will this be?
When is the best time to go?

Only two recommendations?

Not many choices I don’t think but I never chartered from that location. Hymax charters does tuna I believe but I have no experience with them. Tuna charters are a tough gig from our coast. I’d trust Aces and Kelly’s recommendations.

It’s a specialized fishery and not every guide want th we added expense of enhanced insurance and equipment.

I recommended Dan Bishop because I know he had some openings in September

Send me a pm if you’d like a couple more contacts for Tuna veterans out of Tofino. Feel free.

One of them is consistently near the top of the leader board of the Race for the Blue derby

I personally know both of these guys. Exceptional fishermen and good people. I would fish with either one of them in a second. They would be the first two guys I would call. One is Bamfield, one Tofino. I would pick a spot and then call one of them. Cheers

Edited, I have fished with both of them when they werent guiding. They put fish in the boat.

I have fished tuna with Hymax charters for more than 12 years .

If you want to ride on a California designed tuna specific sport fisher 44' , twin diesel , this is it.

Tuna tower , outriggers ......

The crew have over 50 years of experience fishing .

Ride out and back in on leather couches .

Have fun.

Back