Porta-Bote Genesis iii SOLD PLEASE DELETE

abbyfireguy

I have a 12 foot Porta-Bote Genesis iii model. In very good condition limited use on a few fishing and hunting trips. Never in salt water. It’s about 11 years old. Comes with a pair of factory oars and a two step opening device. Also included are two transom mounted Scotty rod holder mounts.
Price is $1050
C7647DFA-ECFD-4470-A887-671631A40DF3.jpeg E44A800C-70C8-445D-83CE-347EF5C74201.jpeg 31CFAB4A-91E4-421B-8859-66F4E6F3958A.jpeg9A4A280B-7B21-4E36-837E-5FE0FC12F46A.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m in Abbotsford. Looking to sell this as I don’t use it .
Scotty makes a smaller lake troll downrigger. I had a pair on my old car topper years ago..I don’t
really want to start buying stuff for it if I’m selling it...

how much does it weigh? , I'm very interested, also what sized motor did you use on it and what is it rated for, and how did it perform if you did use a motor?

Last edited:
The transom is a plastic membrane. The wood transom comes out as do the seats and it folds down looking like a surf board. There’s nothing to delaminate. The boat weighs about 54 pounds when folded up for transport/storage.
The seats and transom are extra,not sure how much they weigh, can’t be more than another 25 pounds.
It’s really easy to setup and take down and carry around. It went along on countless moose trips but we seldom needed to use it .

In the pictures you can see how the transom bolts in with the two aluminum brackets and 4 screws and wing nuts.
The rear plastic shows how it folds with the creases in the plastic.
Simple but extremely functional and durable design that has not changed much in many many years..

88192648-7AA7-47D0-B75C-22340EC14362.jpeg

That’s a porta bote folded up.

The motor we usually use
d was a 9.9 evinrude which ripped along really good. We did use a 4 stroke Merc 6 hp. That was plenty fast as well and a lot lighter the the 9.9.
I did run it twice with a 2.5 Suzuki 4 stroke. And it still,planed ok but a slower .
That was my most enjoyable boat motor combo for weight and economy.
It’s great with a small outboard and an electric motor,you can fish all day and not burn up tons
of cash on fuel.
You can zip around on the gas outboard and fish with the electric.

Yeah, there good boats, I've got one too witch I'd like to sell also.
Used mostly for fishing fresh water only.

I could be interested but don’t see any info, size, how old, condition, cost, etc. I currently have a pontoon boat and would like to take my wife out fly fishing hing again :) If you can forward any photos as well as info to carlandsue@shaw.ca that would be great

Back