2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! I just figured it out. Man you got to be super sleuth to figure out these regs. A new person to fishing would be so screwed especially if they don't know map points referenced. Why wouldn't they make it easy for ppl to figure out these regs.
I honestly think DFO does everything and will do everything in their power to discourage and limit rec fishers from fishing. Sorry, I know this is a fishing report but could not help not to comment.

Don't think I've said this many F bombs for a while. Fishing off the West Van shoreline and the retention his own and I get a great chinook fighting all the way to the boat. As my arms are super tired I see it get into the down rigger cable and you guys all know what happened next. In case you're intrested, it was 75' on the rigger in 80' of water, with an anchovy

Don't think I've said this many F bombs for a while. Fishing off the West Van shoreline and the retention his own and I get a great chinook fighting all the way to the boat. As my arms are super tired I see it get into the down rigger cable and you guys all know what happened next. In case you're intrested, it was 75' on the rigger in 80' of water, with an anchovy
I usually hit the auto button to get the ball out of the water on the popped side and force him to the open free side...

Going to take gal out for evening tack along west van. Anyone fish it today?

update: trolled west van shoreline for hour and half, no takers. Marking lots.

Last edited:
Thanks for the intel on West Van, boys. Just heading out now so based on what you said, I'm gonna go scout out Gower point. Will report back on what I find.

I was at west van yesterday and feel better with my results. Nothing to take home but got some action: 1 nice size chinook that I lost close to the boat, 1 small guy (thrown back), and 1 other big bite that I lost. The pin poppers were on hoochies, but gotta check lines regularly, the seaweed gets on the hooks.

Too little showed up onscreen at Gower though had to shakers on ... Back to West Van. Seeing lots of gulls floating on water at CRC. Ia that typically a good sign?

Beat the sunrise yesterday no wind no chop, bites came on at 7am hitting some wild and soft spitting the hook mouths, switched one side over to bait for a
final troll towards pink apt hit a nice sized spring, quite a few springs moved in yesterday
\View attachment 55681
View attachment 55682

Seeing those nice pictures there, is there anyone Kayak fishing?
I might do something kinda dumb, since my buddies boat is still out of commission, motor needs worked on.
Seen and have heard people fishing in inflatables by west Van shore line.
whats your guys opinion?
Sure! why not! just make sure no big winds are blowing... or...
No! your NUTZ!! Crazy, a Mad man!!

Seeing those nice pictures there, is there anyone Kayak fishing?
I might do something kinda dumb, since my buddies boat is still out of commission, motor needs worked on.
Seen and have heard people fishing in inflatables by west Van shore line.
whats your guys opinion?
Sure! why not! just make sure no big winds are blowing... or...
No! your NUTZ!! Crazy, a Mad man!!

Saw a couple kayaks fishing on Wednesday morning in West van. Just be smart about the weather and personal safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back