Ling Jigs

Erotic ling lures. Excellent idea, don't even need to catch "fish", one on the boat would always start a conversation and "work". As long as all are represented equal.

HM

Over the years I have given away so many products, lures and baits to all kinds of people from all walks of life and every level of angler experience. Kids, parents, individuals, couples, groups, guides, stores, sales reps, non profits...in all that made promises to deliver feedback, pictures, video and what ever else they said to convince me to give them some of whatever I had at the time to try. It has probably been over 400 different people throughout the years...guess how many ever followed through without me having to beg them for what they promised me in trade?! I know it seems simple, and almost all the people, told me later that they had success with whatever it was that I gave them, many times asking me for more of whatever it was.

Less than ten people of around four hundred over a thirty year period actually followed through with what they agreed to. I still break my own rules in hopes that I find a new true team player to work with. Today I only work with a small group of hand picked anglers that help build my testing team.

There is always room for more anglers, but I am in no rush to grow my group. I am now slow to farm new prospects.

The best thing of all for me, truly is just catching fish on all the lures that I personally make. I will only ever fish with lures that I make or companies that I plan to buy. I do however have one dedicated exception to my personal rule...TOMIC RVP series plugs. :)
Could have just said no haha. Lures look great and unfortunately our society is a bunch of takers and that is more and more clear everyday. Wish I had time to try and make lures but with a young family, full time work, own a cattle farm, and of course making time to actually fish I just don't have a waking minute these days. Good luck tight lines and the lures look fishy!

Thanks, I appreciate that. Most people want to know why I don't just hand out free stuff. It's easier on them if I validate my decision, than a full on rejection. I am always a fair, dedicated person with a strong never ending passion for all things fish, Fishy... FISHING! This is how I have designed my life. :)
Make sure to let us know once your selling them. Not looking for hand outs

Landed some good lings last week at WH on lead-filled copper pipe jigs. Easy to make yourself. Different lengths of pipe produce different weights.

1cb33ce2a1384158bdf4cbf261088946.jpg

Old school way was to cut up sections of a busted aluminum folding lawn chair and lead fill those.

Thanks. Mostly due to lack of available workspace almost all of my equipment and materials are in storage until I find a place to produce. The ultimate goal is to be ready for next year. Or when ever it happens. Right now I am doing lots of R & D testing with a small group of hand picked anglers who have been helping me with feedback, pictures and videos.

One said angler is Dylan from Eat Wild who just finished up an epic Nootka Sound trip this past week. www.eatwild.ca

It will all come together soon enough as I own 86 yr old PAL tools & dies and equipment, 35+yr Magic Lure Products, 37 year old KIKO lures, and others that I'll announce when I am ready to. All are going to be made right here on Vancouver Island, Canada.

COOL GREAT TO HEAR THIS........

You dont happen to have ol Jim Gilberts molds for Krippled Ks, when made of good metal......they are terrific. The copies being made by some are softer than Pup **** and bend with a grilse.

Good luck ST

HT

Back