23' & 26' Hourston Project Commenced...

What to do?

• Try and keep the boat and complete the project.

Votes: 71 71.0%
  • Sell the boat in current hot market.

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • Notch the transom for outboard.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Add extension bracket for outboard.

Votes: 57 57.0%
  • Install twin outboards.

Votes: 42 42.0%
  • Install single outboard.

Votes: 27 27.0%
  • Add command bridge.

Votes: 15 15.0%
  • Remove command bridge.

Votes: 42 42.0%
  • Accept "crowd funding"

Votes: 29 29.0%
  • Do not accept "crowd funding"

Votes: 16 16.0%

• Total voters
I would give it a 7/10 spray job, thought it would have turned out better but considering the 4 layers of old paint, bugs :) and the damages @ stern gunwales, its 100% better.

IMG_0618.jpeg

Also got the topside on the boat and boat on the trailer, i'm pooped! :eek:

IMG_0622.jpeg IMG_0624.jpeg IMG_0626.jpeg

Last edited:
I can say one thing this topside don't fit worth a hoot! O well, no more mickey mouse pop-rivets to contend with, topside fastened with ss #10 32-1 3/4" and ss washers/nylon lock nuts every 8" spacing w/neoprene gasket between topside and hull as well as Sikaflex 219 to seal bottom edge before the rub-rail... :rolleyes:

IMG_0620.jpeg IMG_0621.jpeg

Last edited:
I can say one thing this topside don't fit worth a hoot! O well, no more mickey mouse pop-rivets to contend with, topside fastened with ss #10 32-1 3/4" with washers/nylon lock nuts every 8" spacing w/neoprene gasket between topside and hull as well as Sikaflex 219 to seal bottom edge before the rub-rail... :rolleyes:

View attachment 55693 View attachment 55694

This boat is 2 Legit 2 Quit.
I’m in awe of its beauty!!

Got'er all buttoned up :), getting ready to install the windshield...

IMG_0633.jpeg
IMG_0630.jpeg
IMG_0628.jpeg
IMG_0629.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow! Sometimes it takes getting past another crappy job to get excited again. Looks Awesome! Picked up my truck and Trailer moose lake ab. sold trailer. Hauled back 22.5 ffht today, some trailer work, move axle back wire brakes in and load up with posessions for Campbell River. Busy week too! First time back to ab since covid

Last edited:
Wow! Sometimes it takes getting past another crappy job to get excited again. Looks Awesome! Picked up my truck and Trailer moose lake ab. sold trailer. Hauled back 22.5 ffht today, some trailer work, move axle back wire brakes in and load up with posessions for Campbell River.

geeze, ya putting on the miles, hope your travels go well, be safe!

If we were just talking about one poopy job, that could be managed but poopy job after poopy job wears on ya! Haha

whatever happens I would like to see this put back together.

Last edited:
Hey can anyone shed some info as to what this filler piece is commonly made from and how thick might it be...?

67377327_614.jpg

Do you need it ?
just asking... :)

Yeppers for sure as I will be putting in an Alaskan bulkhead, I think these inserts/fillers actually pickup some the the roof weight as well and create an outside wall for the pooper if I put one in :)

They are made from Marine Plywood looks like 3/4" with Arborite cover on outside and metal edge band.

I just love following this build. The detail of this thread reminds me of a thread I read years ago on iBoats. That guy took a boat and added about 4’ to the middle to lengthen the boat. Tons of craftsmanship achieving exactly what he wanted. And taking the time to detail and document the process. Very cool. And kudos for Robert as well allowing us to come along for the ride in his journey.

Pm sent

thx mr got it :) thank you to everyone helping, following and taking the time to pass on info, without you guys I would be kinda building this blind, kinda sorta :eek:

Back