Meet Motley

Will you keep the same position for your downriggers?
They are pretty far back. If I do end up cutting the top back, I may move them forward. If I moved then forward now, getting in and out of the boat would be a pain, especially in the driveway.

They are pretty far back. If I do end up cutting the top back, I may move them forward. If I moved then forward now, getting in and out of the boat would be a pain, especially in the driveway.

This is what I did. These photos reminded me its cleaning time on my boat. I cut stainless brackets and bent it so it rests properly. Very strong. Those rails are ****** in my opinion, but they are good if u have kids in back.I just find they get in the way. When your ready I still have my CAD files and can probably make them for you. We just have to adjust the height if you want the railing like you have it.

upload_2020-8-11_8-39-9.png

upload_2020-8-11_8-39-48.png

Last edited:

Too bad you couldn't convert to a hard top. I am fairly tall and the top is perfect.

This is what I did. These photos reminded me its cleaning time on my boat. I cut a stainless brackets and bent it in I so it rests properly. Very strong. Those rails are ****** in my opinion, but they are good if I have kids in back.I just find they get in the way. When your ready I still have my CAD files and can probably make them for you. We just have to adjust the height if you want the railing like you have it.

View attachment 55701

View attachment 55702
This is pretty much exactly what I was thinking

Hey Stizz: just curious why you want to cut the roof back? it looks ok to me? i don’t think you’ll have any interference with hook setting etc? i never have issues with my 185. nice looking ride amigo!

Hey Stizz: just curious why you want to cut the roof back? it looks ok to me? i don’t think you’ll have any interference with hook setting etc? i never have issues with my 185. nice looking ride amigo!
I will try it a bit as is. I am a big clumsy dufus and I got used to a large dance floor on my double eagle. I feel pretty cramped in this one and I figured shrinking the seating space down and getting some more headroom would make it more comfortable.

I bet you’re right, if I got used to it, it would become “the new norm”

I will try it a bit as is. I am a big clumsy dufus and I got used to a large dance floor on my double eagle. I feel pretty cramped in this one and I figured shrinking the seating space down and getting some more headroom would make it more comfortable.

I bet you’re right, if I got used to it, it would become “the new norm”

yes the dance floor is definitely cramped. ( on mine) one thing i learned is with netting, i get the fish in the bag and then point the handle to the sky and bring the fish into the boat that way. any other way and the handle is just into everything. i find a boat this size is kinda like a swiss army knife, it does a lot of things “okay.”
it’s nice to have the cuddy; nothing like having the option of sleeping on your boat. done it lots now and i love it!

yes the dance floor is definitely cramped. ( on mine) one thing i learned is with netting, i get the fish in the bag and then point the handle to the sky and bring the fish into the boat that way. any other way and the handle is just into everything. i find a boat this size is kinda like a swiss army knife, it does a lot of things “okay.”
it’s nice to have the cuddy; nothing like having the option of sleeping on your boat. done it lots now and i love it!
I can’t wait to test it out tomorrow. Plug is in and she’s ready to rock!

Yeah I’ll do a sidney run this afternoon. Likely powder or the spit. Good luck to you!

Sigh.

Only I could Stizzla a test run.

Before I even got to the water I wanted to gas up to make sure I was good to go. Get to the station and go to pull off the cap with channel locks as per the seller’s suggestion. Won’t budge and with barely any plastic to grab onto it was rounding the edge and compounding the problem.
decided to run to the mechanic across the street to try vice grips. More of the same. Then I hopped in the truck and swore really loud. I Went to Forsch marine (Chris is awesome) and he ended up using a hammer and chisel method which slowly broke it loose. He’s ordered me a new cap which should be here soon.
So now I go back to gas up $20 in it hits full and sprays everywhere. I’m such a Stizzla.

Now I’m ready. I have a full tank and gear packed. Ready to do this... Buuuuuut.... the wind is now blowing and I don’t want my first cruise to be in white caps, so I turned back around just got home.

FML

Sigh.

Only I could Stizzla a test run.

Before I even got to the water I wanted to gas up to make sure I was good to go. Get to the station and go to pull off the cap with channel locks as per the seller’s suggestion. Won’t budge and with barely any plastic to grab onto it was rounding the edge and compounding the problem.
decided to run to the mechanic across the street to try vice grips. More of the same. Then I hopped in the truck and swore really loud. I Went to Forsch marine (Chris is awesome) and he ended up using a hammer and chisel method which slowly broke it loose. He’s ordered me a new cap which should be here soon.
So now I go back to gas up $20 in it hits full and sprays everywhere. I’m such a Stizzla.

Now I’m ready. I have a full tank and gear packed. Ready to do this... Buuuuuut.... the wind is now blowing and I don’t want my first cruise to be in white caps, so I turned back around just got home.

FML

sounds like you have my luck! lol

Back