White Spring. Love it!

White Spring

• Total voters

Kildonan

I don’t get it, you white Chinook haters. I just cooked one and as always, it was delicious.

Last edited:
I hate them because my wife hates them. But also a huge difference between an early season white and a stinky cap white.

They call the “Snow Kings” at posh NYC restaurants. And charge more.
Or Ivory King’s

I really like them when I catch them on the west side, very oily and non stinky like when the get close to the river

I call river fish “diggers” - dig a whole a put them under an apple tree.
Fresh whites are the best smokers ever!

just dont pull a white out when you have guests otherwise you have to listen to all the dumb comments.

X2 on the smoked whites, I think as smoked salmon they are only second too sockeye. At the Pike Street Market in Seattle they call them Albino Kings, a friend of mines wife brought one home after a shopping trip to Seattle, he was pissed. He release's 30 pounders on the Fraser R. when you're allowed to retain them because he's got it in his head that their not as good as reds. While we on a Moose hunting trip, I brought some along and he tried it, he said man is that ever good, I said it's white spring, he didn't believe it. He believes now.

Look NASTY canned BUT TASTE GREAT
When canning Red Springs I will always put some White Spring in with it, the Whites are fatter than Reds and god knows that big reds are drier than a popcorn fart and need the moisture, If I have it I will use the whites belly flap part to put with the red, makes great canned salmon.

Big difference between our unedible fall whites and feeders or upper Fraser stock.
End of august september Fall lower Fraser white from Vancouver area absolutely disgusting.

Gimme an upper Fraser white all day...

Back