Meet Motley

Just go fishing and learn what you don't like.
Also, ever given a thought based on where you live to free up space to focus on prawning, get rid of all the trolling stuff and spend the money on fancy jigs?
No, I love me some trolling.

Steve, you said you wanted both downriggers the same. Cabellas has the 2116 same as yours for only 899.99. That way both are the same.

I have now played with HP’s on a couple of buddy’s boats and I agree they are great. I will likely snag another and unload a the rest. I pop the clip on line checks, so that’s not a deal breaker.

Please stop looking at my bulge in the mirror pic. You’re making us all uncomfortable!

I actually thought it was a tv screen at first. Might be a good spot for an iPad. Keep the kids entertained when tired of reeling in all the fish. :D

I picked up some supplies to get working on the boat. Last night I scrubbed the deck with star brite. Pretty awesome stuff. Just wet the deck, spray some on and use a soft brush attached to a broom stick. 10 minutes later it was looking pretty good. Compare this to the image two posts above F0DEFA28-2FEC-400B-A6C6-55BC8150F8E0.jpeg

Last edited:
This week I will take it for its maiden voyage. Hopefully a few times.

I picked up all new matching rope to put on, I will whip up some seat storage boxes and hopefully find some seats, and I got some special putty for repairing some small cracks in the interior. Also have a meeting with my boat top gal to see about modifying the top and making a sloper curtain.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Another item on the list checked off...

riggers on and working. I will be making an improvement to the mount in the off-season but it will suffice as is for now. (You can see wood blocks that will be switched to metal.)

6FE7EFD0-CE2B-496B-9B2B-2F419A12399F.jpeg

I also went to Trotac and got all needed legal safety gear. And and fish bonking bat. DING!!!!

I am chomping at the bit to go out.

Another item on the list checked off...

riggers on and working. I will be making an improvement to the mount in the off-season but it will suffice as is for now. (You can see wood blocks that will be switched to metal.)

View attachment 55692

I also went to Trotac and got all needed legal safety gear. And and fish bonking bat. DING!!!!

I am chomping at the bit to go out.
No need for a net either!

Beauty boat. My dad has a 185 and we love it. Have never not felt safe out there and I’ll fish in pretty much anything!

Back