What do you when your tuna is at the Dock

Captain PartyMarty

Crew Member
Hey Guys

Lets say you had a great day Tuna Fishing and now your at the Dock how do you clean/fillet them?

I found this video online looks like he does a nice job. Is this how you guy's do it?

Are then any special rules that DFO requires for transport of tuna?

I use a little different method. Fundamentals are similar.

If you have 40 tuna loins, that's 10 tuna. Species identification is no issue as it's clear what they are and there are no restrictions on size. Each angler is permitted 20 tuna/day. So at most you should have no more than 80 loins for the day per angler. That's A LOT of tuna, in case you're wondering...like eat tuna every day for lunch and dinner until it goes bad a year later.

I use a little different method. Fundamentals are similar.

If you have 40 tuna loins, that's 10 tuna. Species identification is no issue as it's clear what they are and there are no restrictions on size. Each angler is permitted 20 tuna/day. So at most you should have no more than 80 loins for the day per angler. That's A LOT of tuna, in case you're wondering...like eat tuna every day for lunch and dinner until it goes bad a year later.
Yeah 10 a year is all I need

I did two last year just to try it and it was relatively easy. Cold as **** because they're frozen. I was happy with my results. Also I feel like 5 a year would do my needs just fine.

If you leave them to chill for a day or so you might find the flesh firms up a bit and they cark out easier.

Back