New Chartplotter/Sounder

Garmin Says it’s preloaded with G3 Coastal maps. Download Garmin Active Captain to your phone or iPad.
The 942 has built in wireless that you connect your phone or iPad to and then you can mirror the screen.
Plus you can browse charts and create routes and waypoints while away from your boat and sync up when back aboard.
That’s part of the reason I bought this unit. such a great setup. excited to install and get it going

Make sure to mounts the transducer on a UHMW board so you can adjust position slightly for optimal reading. My 942XS & GT23 reads bottom from 400' up to 900' on a good day at 26 mph.

Last edited:
I’m looking at getting the 942xs, but not sure which transducer. What’s the difference between the GT21 and GT23? Also, it seems most Garmin transducers are out of stock everywhere.

So far I've been happy with Garmin, since I upgraded my whole system a few years ago. 7612xsv and B175HW with GT51M, recently sprung for a panoptix transducer I'm playing around with. And their customer service has been excellent. Cartography was sub-Navionics, but then they bought Navionics, and hoping that continues to improve,

fb

How effective is the panoptix at 150’+ depths?

Back