2020 Nanaimo Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Life dosen't get any better than that! I will be there tomorrow morning. How deep on your
rigger when you caught it. I caught a nice Hatch last week at 120.

Hey everyone
I either set my crab trap too deep when tide was ebbing or someone stole it
Out at Jack Point. The float is classic red/white
My name is super faded.
If you do come across it, please pick it up so the crabs don’t die. And let me know you have it so I can come and grab it.
You can message me and confirm my name
If it’s still legible
Thanks

Went out with a good friend this morning at first light. What a beautiful sunrise! First time going that early this year. Need to do it more. Water was lake calm. We fished off the fingers. Had steady action till around 10 am when it went cold for us. Packed it up at 10:30. Had multiple hits that didn’t sick. Lots of just unders. I lost a nice spring near the boat when it decided to take multiple jumps after being a submarine. Rookie moves on my part. Ended up with just the one nice hatch coho. Going to be perfect on the BBQ tonight. Cop car spoon and flasher at 120’ had the most action. We tried some other spoons and a white hootchie but they didn’t produce a winning fish.
Lots of boats out there today. Parking lot at Brechin was crazy full. Didn’t see many boats fishing tight to the fingers which was a first for me. Lots were out deep.

Half dozen or so boats at the fingers last night from what I could see on the ferry.

I’ll be out tomorrow morning as well.

Well it’s sure been a while and a tough year but good to get back out there. The fishing off Nanaimo has been pretty inconsistent day to day. Some days lots of nice coho, most unclipped, some days none. Today was mostly coho off the fingers and the action was good with multiple double headers, hitting spoons and hootchies 130-190. Ended up with 4 clipped. Majority of chinooks out there are Smalls with some good ones in the mix. Picked up a 79 15lber yesterday off the fingers down 165. Today a few guys had some nice Springs from neck pt. Should be out again tomorrow morning but forecast doesn’t look to favorable. B3493F2D-CA29-4B79-819F-05925EABF5CC.jpeg
006A1FA9-B341-48F7-8288-F339EB044EA8.jpeg
48E20796-203B-4843-A8CD-B5311147962B.jpeg66611FBB-E1EF-4DFA-9469-48165D670CC5.jpeg

Very different wind forecasts - wind alert basically saying don’t go. Windy is good to go.

Wtf

Well it’s sure been a while and a tough year but good to get back out there. The fishing off Nanaimo has been pretty inconsistent day to day. Some days lots of nice coho, most unclipped, some days none. Today was mostly coho off the fingers and the action was good with multiple double headers, hitting spoons and hootchies 130-190. Ended up with 4 clipped. Majority of chinooks out there are Smalls with some good ones in the mix. Picked up a 79 15lber yesterday off the fingers down 165. Today a few guys had some nice Springs from neck pt. Should be out again tomorrow morning but forecast doesn’t look to favorable. View attachment 55589
View attachment 55588
View attachment 55590View attachment 55591

Very different wind forecasts - wind alert basically saying don’t go. Windy is good to go.

Wtf
Ya I don’t find WindAlert or windy good for forecasts, basically use it to view the conditions at entrance and other stations. Both enviro Canada and bigwavedave are saying 20 knots tomorrow, stupid high pressure ridges.

Yeah. Wind not looking good for tomorrow. Pulled the plug on going. Plus did a rookie move while getting the boat ready this evening. Started the motor without water turned on. Ran it for a minute or two before I realized my brain fart. So I am replacing my impeller and such instead.

Into some nice springs tonight at Entrance. Only a couple of other boats out there. I guess people don't like the rain; gotta be better than the wind that's coming.

Was out last night at fingers.... was manageable till about 8 when the wind picked up.

Got a pink and a hatch using cut plug. I went old school to break my losing streak and it worked. Havent done cut plug since i was a teenager

Well it’s sure been a while and a tough year but good to get back out there. The fishing off Nanaimo has been pretty inconsistent day to day. Some days lots of nice coho, most unclipped, some days none. Today was mostly coho off the fingers and the action was good with multiple double headers, hitting spoons and hootchies 130-190. Ended up with 4 clipped. Majority of chinooks out there are Smalls with some good ones in the mix. Picked up a 79 15lber yesterday off the fingers down 165. Today a few guys had some nice Springs from neck pt. Should be out again tomorrow morning but forecast doesn’t look to favorable. View attachment 55589
View attachment 55588
View attachment 55590View attachment 55591
Chinooks are practicing social distancing right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back