2020 Central Coast Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it really a good idea to land a fish you plan to release? If I'm releasing a fish I try to do it beside the boat to reduce the damage.

It's nice to see those big fish going back. I think this is our future--we're not going to see a dead 100+ chinook on a scale and that's a good thing. Weight records for large fish will become less important, a thing of the past. I think we just have to say wow, that is a really really big River Inlet tyee and those folks will never forget catching it.

I agree. Thats a fish of a life time. C & R is legal. Releasing a fish that a size at the side of the boat may help, but fishing period and fighting that fish for an hour does not help it either. We all need to stay on one side. Sportsfishing is sportsfishing. Follow the regs. Let all the non fishers be the haters. Keep the health of our community strong and united.

What an absolute beautiful place to fish. All the times I’ve been around there commercial fishing and not sport fishing drove me crazy. I thought the days of multiple fish over 40 were done up there. Definitely on the bucket list after seeing this.

That is an amazing fish, regardless of the actual weight...every pass at rivers holds the potential for a stellar fish, a very special place indeed.
Love rivers inlet for the fish, scenery and just the open rugged nature of the area...

Sid and the staff at Duncanby have been huge drivers of the C&R of these fish and not too mention BIG backers of the hatchery on the Wannock river.

Is there any accomadations in Rivers inlet for bring your own boat crowd besides dawsons landing?

Still a real big fish, Aces what’s the formula for working out the weight? Please and thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back