What do we think my boat is worth in the market

kingblazer84

Well as we all know everyone will sell something if they get what they want for it, and this goes for my boat that ive had for 5 years now. Im still thinking of possibly upgrading to alum or newer fiberglass with newer power even though my boat has been so good to me, also maybe move up to 18+ !

thought I would ask for some honest/nice opinions on what guys think my boat is worth.

1977 MARLIN GLASSCRAFT 17.5’

TRAILER AND BOAT REGISTERED INTO OWNERS NAME

DEEP V FIBERGLASS HULL

HUMMINBIRD 787 C2I COLOR PLOTTER/SONAR COMBO AND GPS PUCK INSTALLED ON BOW.

2 X 1101 BOOM SCOTTY ELECTRIC DOWNRIGGERS WITH 1 ¼” 30” BOOMS WITH 350’ BRAID AND SWIVEL BASES AND SNUBBERS, 1 RIGGER WITH PROPACK DUAL ROD HOLDER FOR STACKING PURPOSE ON PORT SIDE, EXTRA SCOTTY ROD HOLDERS AND 3 MOUNTING LOCATIONS.

2 X 15LB DOWNRIGGER BALLS

1980 MERCURY 5HP TROLLING MOTOR WITH FUEL TANK AND DIY REMOTE THROTTLE CONTROL, STILL HAS TILLER HANDLE ASSEMBLY INSTALLED, W/ TIE BAR SYSTEM TO STEER MAIN AND KICKER TOGETHER.

1977 MERCURY 85HP OUTBOARD WITH UPDATED IGNITION SYSTEM, 400HRS, POWER TILT AND TRIM, RUNS WELL DOES 26-28MPH TOP SPEED, COMES WITH EXTRA STARTER, DISTRIBUTOR, STATOR, CARBS ETC.

SPEEDOMETER WORKS BUT TACH DOES NOT AT THIS TIME.

2 – BRAND NEW 2020 NAPA MARINE BATTERYS WIRED IN SERIES WITH 2ND BATTERY DISCONNECT

12V USB PORT FOR CHARGING PHONES ETC.

ALPINE STEREO WITH SPEAKERS AND ANTENNA.

NEWER UNIDEN VHF RADIO WITH 8’ WHIP

LIFE JACKETS, BUMPERS, DOCK LINES, FIRE EXTINGUISHER, ANCHOR, LADDER

4 X 5-GAL PLASTIC FUEL TANKS

PORT AND STARBOARD SLEEPER SEATS

SOFT TOP WITH SIDE WINDOWS IN USEABLE SHAPE WILL NEED TO BE REPLACED EVENTUALLY ALSO COMES WITH NEWER FABRIC SNAP ON STORAGE TOP.

ROAD RUNNER TRAILER WITH SPARE TIRE AND 7 PIN CONNECTOR WITH WORKING LIGHTS AND ROLLERS. NEWER TIRES ON TRAILER AXLE AND BRAND-NEW FULL-SIZE SPARE ON FRONT OF TRAILER.

image0 (15).jpeg KB1.jpg KB2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
In Victoria 6,500. Anywhere else, not so much at all.

my father in law just sold his ancient 16’ runabout with ancient yammy power for $3800 sight unseen to someone and i personally wouldn’t have paid ten cents for it. completely kicked on, held together with sika flex, no riggers, no gps / finder either. i say shoot for the stars right now while the gettings good

I’m considering selling my boat. Partially because the market is so hot and partially because a substantial part of the joy has just gone out of it for me. I would find it very hard to be boat less but in this market.......

thanks for the insight guys at this stage I may just put it up for a stupid price of $8500 and see if someone bites if not no biggie lol ill prob hang onto it for the time being and possibly upgrade to 4 strokes when the old 2 stroke kicks the bucket she runs real well and starts every-time both of them do! it owes me nothing!.

Looks like a great little glass hull! Although I have a soft spot for the vintage outboards I don’t put much value on them, or faith in their reliability. I’d say it’s worth $3500. Good luck with the sale!

ive been getting showing requests for my 2018 kingfisher 1825 priced at $79K so pretty sure you will get some bites for $7995.

I think right now the question is not what the boat is worth but what someone is willing to pay for it. Prices are crazy, swing for the big money!

Back