Had to share this pic from Bridgeview

Those boats look like tough machines...and super beamy...must have lots of fishing room. Aesthetically I don't love the drooping shear line at the bow but when a boat works this well who cares!?

Those boats look like tough machines...and super beamy...must have lots of fishing room. Aesthetically I don't love the drooping shear line at the bow but when a boat works this well who cares!?
The drop bow was to allow the guests at the fishing lodges to get on and off the boat easier at the dock. If you order new, you can order it with a regular shear line. Also, 1/4" bottom and 3/16 sides in an 18' boat, they are built to take a beating.

Last edited:
I did some guiding out of those boats in Englefield in the late 2000's. Yeah decent boats in the rough stuff. Nice beam for stability compared to the boats that North Island Lodge used in Langara.

Love these boats. Fished out of them self-guided at Milbanke and Engelfield....they sure take a beating well!! Very stable and safe, relatively dry ride. Underpowered at the lodges which is understandable. For a personal boat I’d prefer the console moved forward (they are set up so guests can sit in front seats and watch rods). Seriously considering a Bv 18ext...

Love these boats. Fished out of them self-guided at Milbanke and Engelfield....they sure take a beating well!! Very stable and safe, relatively dry ride. Underpowered at the lodges which is understandable. For a personal boat I’d prefer the console moved forward (they are set up so guests can sit in front seats and watch rods). Seriously considering a Bv 18ext...
Yes they used to run the 70 horse Merc outboard’s on them but then they went to 90s and the guides said it made a huge difference.

Back