Truck tires

I put a set on last fall. So far they are not bad. I. Run in on the bamfield road at twice a month. There not cutting up like my Bridgestones The coopers like to hold the gravel so have good mud flaps if running the gravel.

They seem decent,
On a side note
I had an intermittent headlight problem that I suspected was a poor
wiring socket and asked them to look at.
a charge of $57.50 + tax was accessed to confirm it which I told them to poke ! (and they did)
$165.00 to repair ??
$20.00 part and 5 mins and did it myself.
beware of the ripoff's !

I had a local dodge dealer charge me 30 bucks to change the upper brake light bulb on the top of the rear door on a mini van and didn’t even ask them to do it. It was a minivan in for a warranty check. 30 BUCKS!! I was super pissed off and never went back. I’ll never set foot on that lot again.

http://ca.coopertire.com/tires/discoverer-s-t-maxx

Im running these on my full size as i got them in alberta for a price I couldnt turn down 4 years ago.as for a report coming home in November on #1 roads were bad and thats what sold me the gripped the snow and ice very well didnt spin once but im always cautious, been on 3 moose hunts 3 praire hunts and around here and id say they are at about 60 % left very impressed so far. ill buy again when its time

I put a set of Cooper Weather Master snow tires on the wife's Jeep. I bought a cheep set of after market rims to make my life easier. Obviously a softer tire than you bought but after 4 crappy winters in Northern Alberta running the kids all of the place there is very little wear. The Jeep is pretty sure footed to start with but really good with the Cooper tires.

Attachments

• Tires.jpg
    Tires.jpg
    297.2 KB · Views: 32
Lots of Cooper love here.

I'm on my third set of BFG KO2s on my personal truck, and have also had a few sets installed on various work trucks. I haven't tried other tires, but I have no reason to....the KO2s are a very very good all-around tire for me. Snowflake rated so you're legal all year. Good in the rain. Good on dry pavement. Good on gravel and dirt.

Last edited:
18 inch max :( I've been thinking of upgrading my 20" tires, want to have never meats on before I haul camper and boat.
I try to keep up with the young folks' lingo, but don't know this one. It would be groovy to know.

The former English teacher in me could not decipher that one. Thanks.
I'm looking for year round tires that are good in snow for my F-150. The cost of flipping my two sets on and off my one set of rims is adding up. Mind you I do like having dedicated snow tires for peace of mind.

The former English teacher in me could not decipher that one. Thanks.
I'm looking for year round tires that are good in snow for my F-150. The cost of flipping my two sets on and off my one set of rims is adding up. Mind you I do like having dedicated snow tires for peace of mind.
Keep your eyes on craigslist in the spring time. I picked up a set of LT 10 ply snow tires on black steel rims for my Ram 3500. $300 and they were only used for 2 weeks so basically brand new. People don't like storing tires so they fire sale them once it warms up.

Back