2020 Central Coast Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty quiet reports thread here ... for obvious reason no doubt. I'm thinking about a central coast trip in my boat early August so will hopefully have something to report then. Just curious for those in the know what services / accommodation are available in the central coast right now. I see that Shearwater is closed for Accom but open for essential services (fuel, supplies, etc). I imagine they are closed for fish processing as well but haven't confirmed that.

Would appreciate any intel people on here have. PM if you'd like so that we keep it off the reports thread.

Only report I have to add is that my buddy hit up Cape Caution area a few days ago and did really well for springs. A little south of the central coast but all I've got at the moment.

I couldn’t find a Rivers Inlet reports page so I thought this was the closest

I it on good intel (Friend of a friend that saw them catch it) that a new world record was caught and released there yesterday

Taped out at 105

Waiting impatiently for them to get to good WiFi for pictures

From Instagram a couple days ago.

50197141266_ee684ae204_c.jpg

50196593853_c6d0f24513_c.jpg

That’s the one. That family has had such a good trip. Been following their trip on instagram. They released around ten springs over 30 lbs. looking forward to seeing the pictures of the one Aces is talking about.

Apparently it's the best year ever in the modern era due to less pressure

My Nephews are up there now or will be shortly. My older Nephew is a Chinook hound and will find them if they are there. Can’t wait to hear about their trip.

Apparently it's the best year ever in the modern era due to less pressure

That kinda implies people are keeping the big ones or the big ones are not dealing well with catch and release

PS. Look at that beautiful scenery in the background!

Fricken nice man. Going to start to sneak in there a few times in coming years. Just don’t want to pay the $1000.00/day for a full lodge trip, will do a BYOB trip in there, it’s coming.

Well, I can say first hand there are some hogs rolling thru rivers right now.

today this woman reeled up, landed, measured and released a fish that based on their length / girth measures was approximately 105lbs!!!

Only a few pics of the beast including this one that a buddy took. Pretty nuts.

Attachments

• 13A44573-8F45-4CC2-B00B-49D77F21DF91.jpeg
    13A44573-8F45-4CC2-B00B-49D77F21DF91.jpeg
    270.9 KB · Views: 288
Well, I can say first hand there are some hogs rolling thru rivers right now.

today this woman reeled up, landed, measured and released a fish that based on their length / girth measures was approximately 105lbs!!!

Only a few pics of the beast including this one that a buddy took. Pretty nuts.

im the last person on line to say no chance etc. But zero chance that’s 105 lbs. not to be negative. But come on...

I’m not so sure it matters what the actual weight is, I know to me it doesn’t. If they say 105 I’m ok with it. Cause at the end of the day that’s an unreal incredible fish.
Looks like It had a tough battle but in the Rivers Inlet case those fish are close to their spawning river and they have a short run so I’m sure it will make it. What an experience that would be, it’s what keeps me awake at night man dreaming of fish like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back