Join the Public Fishery Alliance

We had a meeting this past week of the Public Fishery Alliance. There is a plan coming out for a Protest/Rally that will be announced soon!

I am in. Looking forward to the details. Let's get a large showing from this forum. Friends, family and anyone willing to support us. The bigger the numbers the stronger the message.

I am in. Looking forward to the details. Let's get a large showing from this forum. Friends, family and anyone willing to support us. The bigger the numbers the stronger the message.
Please see attached announcement of the Rally on July 6th 12 to 1:30 PM outside DFO office in downtown Vancouver.

Attachments

• PUBLIC FISHERY ALLIANCE INFORMATION RALLY.pdf
    96.5 KB · Views: 15
Just wondering where we are currently at with the battle? Have we asked about the 80cm slot limit and why it apples to hatchery chinook? Or the halibut allocation we’ll leave in the water? I don’t frequent facebook much so any links to updates are appreciated .

I can tell you I have now written the minister 3 times with no response other than the automatic "we have rec'd your message "
I strongly suggest anybody that wants to keep a Chinook this spring/summer write now !!

Dear minister,

After the last two very frustrating fishing seasons, I would like to ask if we may see
better opportunity's for Chinook salmon in 2021 ?
We have been closed for retention in area 19/20 between April and August for 2 consecutive seasons.

From my experience the decision to do this does not appear science based because
during this time period the abundance of Chinook are predominately hatchery fish.

Angler's should be permitted to keep at least one of these "put and take" hatchery fish.

I would appreciate a response to get some idea of what we can expect in years to follow.

Sincerely,

Scott Craven

Back