Wind Alert App

Roberth

Crew Member
I’ve been using an app on my iPhone called wind alert. Better than BWD because it has wind measurement stations everywhere and give current wind speed as well as forecasts
I’ve found it to be 80% to 90% accurate and every time you close the app and reopen it it updates.
Some of the wind stations are sherringham, otter point, race rocks,Vic harbour and discovery
It’s free on the App Store and available on Android also

Roberth got me into WindAlert last year and I haven’t looked back. Way better then BWD. Haven’t tried Windy yet so can’t compare.

Gonna check this one out. Thanks for the tip. I find Windy not very reliable for the straight. Started using Predict Wind two years ago - much better. The 8km forecasts are fairly accurate a day ahead. You can also run it with different models to show the various possibilities.

The biggest advantage is that there are many more measuring stations and it updates every time you open it

this looks really good. As above I have found Windy and BWD to be off by quite a bit the last month or so. Will give this one a go. Thanks.

I like Windy.com. It’s even accurate way out here in Eastern AB for our lakes, more accurate than the weather network or any of the weather forecasts that are available to us and we use. My home lake is a very large deep lake and can get darn ugly darn fast, if you get caught on the east side with a northwesterner coming hard a cross it it can be a nasty crossing back home to the marina.

Back