Broken trailer light by others

top fuel

I was weighting in-line with trailer to retrieve boat a group of young people behind me with boat attached weighting to launch. Slow moving line they run into my trailer breaking my lights. I get out as well as the driver and occupants. I ask if he was willing to pay for replacement. He told me to F off old man. What are my options I’d like to punch him in the face but that won’t help. I have plate number ?.....

Kind of like the asshole at Sooke prestige ramp that openly told me to F myself with my kid standing there.

Guy has a complete temper tantrum because he couldn't wait and screeches his tires first light at ramp. So I said something. Sometimes u have to take high road even though it would be nice to thrash them.

Call in the hit and run. Man, if I was the the one to do the damage I’d be begging to cover it in cash instead of going through insurance....Sounds like the punks need a life lesson. Let the police give them one. Hit and run is pretty serious. Any witnesses? Photos? Video?

You know I can't count the number of times I have seen smashed tialights and fenders on boat trailers at ramps......plain common decency is a thing of the past unfortunately

on the flip side, i came back to the comox ramp last year and found a note on the windshield saying "sorry i broke your taillight, call me" - i hadn't even noticed ( brand new trailer too) - called and he said sorry, I'll make it right - i called Parkers, they had one in stock, the guy e-transfered the money an hour later. Annoying but as i told him **** happens and he gets props for owning it.

Always take pics of license plates etc. Let ICBC and the cops know. Sooner or later Punks will learn the cost of being A-holes.
I once had a truck open his driver door into my car. Dint, scrape, with lots of paint left behind. I filed reports, he denied. Finally ICBC ruled in my favour. He had the nerve to request that I not take a replacement vehicle to save him money?
Stosh

that sucks....and some people suck. I think in that circumstance I would take a plate Number and call that guy in.(bad karma for him...hope he snapped a leader on a beauty fish that day)

I had a Guy last year take out the light on my Brand new Tuff trailer ,I literally picked it up that day . I was actually waiting to put it in the water for the first time of its life to set up the bunks.
when I confronted the guy he acted like it was no big deal...guess he hits stuff all the time? turns out he wasn't that bad, he asked me what I figured it cost. I said 100.00( figured I would go big)... he paid me cash and I walked away. tuff trailer warrantied the light for me so I guess I came out ahead.

Ever since someone literally ran over my brand new trailer a few years ago(broke the bunk)at Esquimalt Anglers in Victoria I always park at the end of the parking lot up by Munro St. Someone even broke my taillight there. At least they owned up to it and paid for the damaged light.

Back