2020 Tofino Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow how I missed that..... regulations should be clear and set out accordingly... Having to go through a bunch of links gather all the info and then interpret it one thing saying one different to the other... I understand the intention of saving the clayoquot salmon. I am all for saving the salmon. So others have an opportunity to enjoy fishing as I do. To save an ecosystem and a species.. trophies let go to spread their genes.. so maybe one day the big fish our forefathers may return..

But some of the decisions and how the DFO goes about things is just not right in my eyes...
Ahh.. all the more reason to Defund the DFO or change it as a whole.. but that is a completely other thread.. Thank you Tubber! Appreciate you showing that to me and clearing my confusion.

Basically starting August 1st Tofino is an offshore fishery for Chinook except for the shoreline strip from Wilf Rock down to Ucluelet

Coho fishing can be very good in the inside waters but Chinook must be released.

Just remember that the Robertson and Conuma fish are produced in large Federally funded hatcheries and all user groups are entitled to harvest them

I feel those troll guys got a lousy deal and deserve a shot at them

Yeah they do get a lousy deal. Especially now that they have to get their TAC from one run. If they can. Fisheries has done a good job ******* up every other Chinook fishery in BC. Just because there’s a hatchery doesn’t mean they can **** this up.

i have been trying to find any info on a 29' hydra sport that is/was for sale in tofino. Any info would help.

Last edited:
Hi all, continuing from my previous post. Are there any recent fishing reports? Anybody willing to share locations and type of gear for salmon (Ho's and nooks)?
Also spots to drop a crab trap or two. Thanks in advance for any info. Will be visiting end of the week.

Hi all, continuing from my previous post. Are there any recent fishing reports? Anybody willing to share locations and type of gear for salmon (Ho's and nooks)?
Also spots to drop a crab trap or two. Thanks in advance for any info. Will be visiting end of the week.

pm me when you get to town if u like

Hey, going up to Tofino from August 25th to September 1st. Bringing the boat. Somebody just suggested even though I'm staying in Tofino I should launch and dock and fish out of Ucluelet. Ive fished Bamfield and Nootka, never Tofino or Ucluelet. Any suggestions? Thoughts?

Heading over to Tofino on Monday for 5 days of fishing. I will be mooring at Tofino Marina. Any recent reports? Thanks in advance!

Nice work! I heard the commercial trollers working the plug fishery on the radio out at Big Bank. One guy said his biggest fish since it opened was 26lbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back