Lord Stanley's tournament

Bows Up

Well, hockey is back and boy did I miss it.
Hawks owned the Oilers yesterday in a 6-4 win.
Justin Williams fought in the Canes-Rangers game???
There is going to be some weird results I think.

Don't you think the face-licker should automatically be banned from play due to his disregard for fellow players and high probability he will spread Covid with his actions? :D
If Sedin would have throttled that soab in the cup final when he was getting rabbit punched right in front of the ref (with no call) the Canucks would've won the cup that year.

The lack of response by anyone on the ice was shocking. I thought they were destined to lose.

If any one had shown up for Sedin, it might have turned the series. Coach may have issued a stay out of the box edict, but on that occasion it needed to be ignored.

The lack of response by anyone on the ice was shocking. I thought they were destined to lose.

If any one had shown up for Sedin, it might have turned the series. Coach may have issued a stay out of the box edict, but on that occasion it needed to be ignored.
What needed to happen was the ref to call a penalty and then have the Bruins pay the price with a power play goal against them.

What needed to happen was the ref to call a penalty and then have the Bruins pay the price with a power play goal against them.
You need to earn the Stanley Cup not wait for the ref to hand it to you. Old School.

Hawks got stomped last night. Jets won and the Canes went up 2-0 on the Rangers.
Pulling for the Canucks tonight.

Hawks got by the Oilers, courtesy of Crawford's 41 saves.

Tuned in for the OT, all 11 seconds of it. :D Great to see Tanev score.

I hope the Blues win today so we can play the Stars next round. I love the fight in our team, what a fun game that was, also nice to see Markstrom get a stinker out the way, lol. I was going to boycott these playoffs but I couldn't do it, lol, this is some awesome hockey.

I hope the Blues win today so we can play the Stars next round. I love the fight in our team, what a fun game that was, also nice to see Markstrom get a stinker out the way, lol. I was going to boycott these playoffs but I couldn't do it, lol, this is some awesome hockey.
Stars had our number this year. I’m fine with playing the blues. Gotta knock Bennington off his high pedestal. He’s a bit of a cocky prick

Yup, it's the Blues. Canucks have nothing to lose. Agree on the Bennington throne, EP 40 hopefully will knock him down a few pegs after his pout about not winning the Calder. Need Markstrom at his best, no injuries on the back and stick some dynamite up Virtanen's butt as in my opinion he's been non factor. Need more from him that's for sure.
Hughes has been huge and finally we have an elite #1 defenceman.

Odds on the Canucks wining:

With the Canucks back in the playoff for the first time in five years, the team is an underdog against the defending champion St. Louis Blues.

The BC Lottery Corporation’s PlayNow.com has placed the Canucks’ odds at defeating the Blues in the upcoming best-of-seven at 187/100, compared to the Blues more favourable 11/25 odds.

That means a $100 wager on the Canucks would result in a win of $187, while a $25 bet on the Blues would give a $36 win.

But the further the Canucks get into the playoffs, the better their odds are.

At one point at the start of the 2019-20 NHL season, the Canucks began at 39/1 odds to win the Stanley Cup. Going into their play-in series versus the Minnesota Wild, their odds were at 30/1. After dispatching the Wild in four games their current odds of winning the Cup are 15/1

Ok, the Rangers win the 1st overall draft lottery. Most marketable team and in my opinion good overall for the league.
Bettman just had a organism, Edmonton and Toronto not a sniff so All is good. TSN is on suicide watch as latest conspiracy is that the NYR ball was heavier and as such rigid. Only in Toronto as their 1st now heads to Carolina.

Last edited:
Back