80 CM SPRING WEIGHT-$1000 REWARD- FOR MYSTICAL 20LB SPRINGS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious as to how many 0f the 70-80cm fish have mature gonads. I think lots do.
Don't answer if you think DFO will move the slot to 62-69cm.

I'm curious as to how many 0f the 70-80cm fish have mature gonads. I think lots do.
Don't answer if you think DFO will move the slot to 62-69cm.
the 80 cm Chinook I have caught off Renfrew in July were unclipped and approaching maturity. Both males and females and weighed around 15 pounds.

My son caught a 19 something bleed my scale isn’t a commercial scale but a couple 15 lbs balls all weighed the same on it. They are out there. I measured that fish at the side of the boat and when we brought it on board I thought I messed up as the fish looked big all the sudden, but it was just a big ol foot ball. Everyone is measuring from the v in the tail right? Unfortunately it was pre derby. We have pretty much always scaled most of our fish over the years as the wife and kid liked to so have a fairly good eye for it

the v in the tail: https://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/salmon-saumon-eng.html

Today, I went to the salmon derby.
I caught a salmon exactly 80 cm and it was 20.51 lbs. I am the first leader and tomorrow morning , I will go back to the derby.
The 80 cm salmon is supposed to be 16 lbs to 18 lbs. Wish me luck!

Attachments

• 20200815_082843.jpg
    20200815_082843.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 143
You have the derby in the bag. Either way you get a $500 bonus!
Did you read the rules or just shooting from the hip?

None of these rules were followed:
"**As soon as you think you have a 20 lb or heavier 80 cm Spring Salmon you have to call me to come weigh the fish with a calibrated digital commercial scale (I have one and we can calibrate it together before the fish weigh). We will have a third party witness the weigh in. After the weigh in the fish will then be gutted/filleted to ensure there are no hidden weights in the fish.

**If someone says they have a 20 lb or heavier 80 cm Spring Salmon then I will travel to one of these locations (whichever is closest to the mystical creature to be weighed) to weigh the fish (we will document it with pictures etc..) : Victoria marina, Nanaimo Marina, Campbell River Marina, Gibsons Marina, or Vancouver Marina. If it proves not to be a 20 lb or heavier 80 cm or shorter Spring Salmon then the other party whom said it was will agree to pay my fuel costs for traveling to the weigh in location plus a $250 donation to a charity of my choice that is associated with fish and wildlife in BC."

There have been zero 80 cm fish weighed by my confirmed calibrated commercial scale this year that even came close to 20 lbs.

The contest is simple and the rules are very clear and easy to follow.

Now maybe it's not too late. Maybe this mystical 20 lb 80cm spring is still whole and maybe I'll get a call to go weigh and gut it.

So there's only 2 weeks left in this 80 cm slot so lets make this more fun and more rewarding. I will now up the reward to $1000 if you catch an 80 cm or under Spring, follow the rules of this contest, and I confirm the fish to meet all the criteria of this contest.

Fair enough.
I’m just saying it’s not mystical. I know of two that have been caught now. (I saw one in person and I also trust the official scale of the derby on the one posted yesterday) I get that nobody will claim your $1000 prize due to the rules, but they’re out there!

Fair enough.
I’m just saying it’s not mystical. I know of two that have been caught now. (I saw one in person and I also trust the official scale of the derby on the one posted yesterday) I get that nobody will claim your $1000 prize due to the rules, but they’re out there!
Lol really. And please explain that. Why would no one with a REAL 20 lb 80cm spring not claim the $1000 :rolleyes: Please go on and explain why the rules are so hard? I don't think I could make it any easier where by I AM THE ONE TRAVELING to three locations all close to where most of these slot areas are to investigate any of these fish. And you may be interested to know lot's of fish have been weighed by me already. Not many that thought they were 20 or more but lot's by fellow fishermen that were curious what their 80 cm fish weighed and asked me to weigh them when I was fishing at same spots as them.

So go on, you seem upset by the rules cause you don't think anyone could possibly follow them... Tell us all how impossible these rules are to meet.

Hard rules eh?? Call me, I come to weigh and gut the fish. Ya seems pretty tough to me. If you think it's a remote area where there's a slot size limit and you think there's a real 20 80cm fish caught then I betchya I could figure someway of confirming that fish too. I know lodge owners and fishermen in some of those areas that would most likely help me out with confirming any mystical fish in those areas as well.

I’m my upset at all upset by the rules.
I think it’s great what you’re doing. Hopefully you’re getting some calls and collecting money to go to a good cause!
Cheers

so the calculated gamble is that the many hours it takes to get to a location from Powell River will be enough that the top end weight loss will be enough to drop the weight below, meaning you are all good! Considering the 20.5 was weighed at an official event, personally I would honor that. They catch later in the day, essentially, you are expecting them to leave all guts in for your arrival the following day? Meh.

so the calculated gamble is that the many hours it takes to get to a location from Powell River will be enough that the top end weight loss will be enough to drop the weight below, meaning you are all good! Considering the 20.5 was weighed at an official event, personally I would honor that. They catch later in the day, essentially, you are expecting them to leave all guts in for your arrival the following day? Meh.
Lol for $1000 you won't drive an hour. Give me a break. And if you think you have a 20lb 80cm fish then freeze it. It will lose zero weight. Enough with the excuses. I can't possibly make it any easier for you.

Lol for $1000 you won't drive an hour. Give me a break. And if you think you have a 20lb 80cm fish then freeze it. It will lose zero weight. Enough with the excuses. I can't possibly make it any easier for you.
in all fairness, was just talking about discus fish in general - he didn't know about your offer so I pointed it out, but I assume it was already processed by then, but obviously a fishing derby weigh-in is an accurate measurement (accurate enough for the additional 1/2 lb over it came in as).

And this thread has become a joke now.
YES from day one just to stir it up .....Do you really think a derby who has a board with measurement and then weighed is going to cheat out say the 75 to 150 guys by saying the fish wasnt legal??. this whole thread is to put one fisherman against another nothing more, and should have never been allowed to even be posted....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back