2020 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit late but we were out at Constance on Monday and the dogs were thick and the herring and mackerel weren’t lasting.One bite had 2 dogfish on it and a third followed it to the surface. Switched up to coho and pink salmon heads and finally got my first Halibut. Came as a double header with Salmon heads on both sides. Both were right on 90cm.
Congrats on your first Hali,,,,hope there's many more to come.

All the Salmon are in Sooke. Nothing in Oak Bay area except dogfish, yacht races and crab pot poachers.

A bit late but we were out at Constance on Monday and the dogs were thick and the herring and mackerel weren’t lasting.One bite had 2 dogfish on it and a third followed it to the surface. Switched up to coho and pink salmon heads and finally got my first Halibut. Came as a double header with Salmon heads on both sides. Both were right on 90cm.
Nice work! I had to go to Bamfield to get my first Hali this year and some salmon heads and they were not 90cm!

Don’t you love the people that launch their boat and then tie it up right next to the pad leaving little room for anyone to get in with their trailer. Unreal how unaware of their surroundings people are.

Just back from fishing the waterfront. Ramp
wasen't too bad at umm 5:26. :rolleyes:

Wind forecast was way off though. Started out with a bit of chop but turned narely pretty quick. We tossed and turned through the whitecaps from sax to the breakwater but no love. Called it when the fog starting rolling in and water was coming over the bow.

:oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back