Used 20’ northwest or new silver streak

Bradly

Hey guys. Found a 2008 20’ northwest(softtop) with a 150 yammy (300hrs) and 8 kicker, asking 45k. Or new 18’ hard top silver streak with 115hp and kicker for just shy of 60. Narrowed it down to these two..thoughts?

Needing a bit of guidance here. Narrowed my search down to a used 2008 20’ Northwest soft top with 150hp yammy(300hrs) and a 8hp kicker, asking $45k. My other option is a new 18’ Silver Streak race rocks hard top with 115hp and 9.9kicker. Price $60k. What do I do?

20 footer NW. different class of boat. much better. the SS can only do 4 pax and is much smaller.

I’m not sure, is there a big difference?
Massive difference. Langford boats are custom made heavy hulls from an esteemed builder. Google the others Northwest’s and make your mind up. I only know what I’ve heard.

The Canadian built Northwest over the Silverstreak. The silver streak over the US Northwest

all these boats are awesome, I just know the Canadian built Northwest are each Custom built like tanks.

I'd choose the Canadian built Northwest over the Silver Streak since it's a bit bigger and somebody else has taken the initial depreciation hit. Both boats will hold their value well compared to the lesser aluminum brands.

The US build Northwest seems like another version of River Hawk or Katanacraft...does anybody know if they're actually affiliated? No matter, I don't think these brands are worthy of comparison to the Canadian Northwest or Silver Streak

The NW in question here is a 2008, so it was a Northwest Jet Boats built in Pasco, WA. Absolutely no affiliation with River Hawk or Katanacraft. Renaissance Marine (owned by Byron Bolton, Kingfisher owner) bought NW Jet back in 2010. Rebranded and dropped the "jet" out of the name, so now NW Boats. Built by the same crew who builds Duckworth and Weldcraft. More of a production boat, where NW Aluminum boats that are built in Canada are pretty much a custom build. Both are great heavy guage boats, but the NW Aluminum are definitely geared towards the BC coastal waters a bit more.

And yes, that is a NW Jet boat in my avatar picture in the waters at the entrance of Telegraph Cove!

The NW in question here is a 2008, so it was a Northwest Jet Boats built in Pasco, WA. Absolutely no affiliation with River Hawk or Katanacraft. Renaissance Marine (owned by Byron Bolton, Kingfisher owner) bought NW Jet back in 2010. Rebranded and dropped the "jet" out of the name, so now NW Boats. Built by the same crew who builds Duckworth and Weldcraft. More of a production boat, where NW Aluminum boats that are built in Canada are pretty much a custom build. Both are great heavy guage boats, but the NW Aluminum are definitely geared towards the BC coastal waters a bit more.

And yes, that is a NW Jet boat in my avatar picture in the waters at the entrance of Telegraph Cove!

Got a link to the 2008 NW Jet boat that's being discussed?

I do not. I need to correct my post, as I just wanted to clarify the question at hand of the NW Boats and NW Aluminum boats. Also wanted to interject the fact that the old NW Jet boats (2010 and older) were solely owned and not affiliated with any other brand. At least not until the name and designs was acquired by Renaissance Marine. Sorry for any confusion!

But, does anyone have a link to the 2008 NW in question? I could tell you a lot about it if it is a NW Jet.

I'd buy the northwest. Sell the 150 and put a brand new 200hp. Then you be just under 60 for a bigger boat. Lots of power.

Back