Opinions on 18 Hourston hardtop please

I will say Art is a heck of a guy. He’s getting on with age and still has a great sense of humour and tells good stories. It’s important to appreciate the great old timers in your lives and happily remember the ones that are gone.

I will say Art is a heck of a guy. He’s getting on with age and still has a great sense of humour and tells good stories. It’s important to appreciate the great old timers in your lives and happily remember the ones that are gone.
Agreed. They don’t make em like they used to.

Nice boat. you should be jealous of the guy who bought it if that’s the size boat your looking for. Hardtop bit of a head banger but otherwise can’t go wrong, as long as the engine checks out. 10k is good deal I sold mine for 8500 with a 2000 150 no extras no kicked boat trailer motor.

Not jealous. They guy who bought it is my friend that I brought out with me to scope it out. He will take me out in it on the reg.
Its not the boat for me. Good things come to those who wait!
For the record 10 was the asking price. Doesn’t mean that’s what he paid ;)

Last edited:
Seeing the For Sale sign on the bow of the trailer makes me think you're prowling neighbourhoods looking for a unicorn boat that hasn't been posted online!

That was a referral.
Seeing the For Sale sign on the bow of the trailer makes me think you're prowling neighbourhoods looking for a unicorn boat that hasn't been posted online!
I went to a dealership to check out new boats and the salesman told me about this one. The unlisted boats are the best! Definitely good value in this one

Not jealous. They guy who bought it is my friend that I brought out with me to scope it out. He will take me out in it on the reg.
Its not the boat for me. Good things come to those who wait!
For the record 10 was the asking price. Doesn’t mean that’s what he paid ;)
That’s even better!!

"THE ONE" will present itself, take your time and have the cash ready, until then you can keep enjoying the old stories and great friendship of your buddies new purchase... :cool:

Last edited:
I agree with Robert, keep looking, stay vigilant, don't rush it and the "perfect" one will present. Of course let us all know when it happens.

HM

That was a referral.

I went to a dealership to check out new boats and the salesman told me about this one. The unlisted boats are the best! Definitely good value in this one

i honestly think this the only way to get a good deal right now. boat prices are officially insane.

Went out with a buddy and have a look today. I think there’s some value but it’s definitely snowing it’s age. The hardtop is tough for me as I’m 6 deuce. Everything is scratched up which Isn’t my style. Trailer is quite nice. Brand new bottom paint. Guy is nice. It’s caught 7 fish over 40 and 49 is the biggest.
I think my fishing partner who came with me might get it.
My next one will be something I will be proud of and plan to own for the next 10 plus years!
Wait and buy something you LOVE to look at even when it's just sitting in your driveway and you will never regret it..

That should get me around Sidney

Heck, if you wait long enough, it will be you and me on the 26 "Persistence" in Nootka Sound :eek:;)

Last edited:
He’ll enjoy the boat. I have a 1989 18 hardtop. Fantastic. You get used to the hardtop height (or more accurately, lack thereof). 23 degree deadrise makes for a a very smooth ride.
23’ at the transom? That’s outstanding if it’s true, and I need one of so. That was a great deal not to be passed up as well...

Back