Stringers and fuel tank placement

hey everyone just scored a 17.5 double eagle! floor was rotten as well as the stringers got everything cleaned up finally. When i took it apart i realized that they were not original. got a moller 27 gal tank to go under the floor. looking for advise on how far forward or back to frame it in! any advise would be great as in new to this!

Attachments

• double eagle.jpg
    double eagle.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 141
  • double eagle inside.jpg
    double eagle inside.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 140
  • hull and fuel tank.jpg
    hull and fuel tank.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 144
  • double eagle motor.jpg
    double eagle motor.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 134
I had a 17 foot hourston with a 75hp mercury 4 stroke off the back, it had a triangular bow tank all the way to the front, you'll spend most of your time at the back of the boat with your buddys and with kicker batterrys cooler and beer the more weight to the bow the beter to keep it from being stern heavy if you ever decide to put a 4 stroke on there

I had a 17 foot hourston with a 75hp mercury 4 stroke off the back, it had a triangular bow tank all the way to the front, you'll spend most of your time at the back of the boat with your buddys and with kicker batterrys cooler and beer the more weight to the bow the beter to keep it from being stern heavy if you ever decide to put a 4 stroke on there
Thanks i kinda thought so but i havent had this boat on the water yet to see how it rides! thanks again!

Thanks i kinda thought so but i havent had this boat on the water yet to see how it rides! thanks again!

Take lots of pictures and keep us posted on the progress. Love seeing these restore projects. Where did you get the gas tank from?

Oly

Hey Mitch, that is a nice find, looks like you are well on your way into this project as Oly mentioned, take lots of pics and keep progress going :) can't wait to see the final. Take care!

What do you want to know. I still have the floor on mine but have some access to get some measurements. I will be taking the floor off and redoing the stringers as well, just not right now.

Oly

Stringers usually ride right on the chines and tops of stringers level across to where the gunnels meet bottom of hull

Back