Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Mant that's nice. I'd like to do that with my head as well, having the windows through it for better view forward from the deck. My wife wasn't having any of it it.

the quote was partially directed at myself as I sit daydreaming of a boat with a stand up head lol
If there's a family on this coast that deserves it most it's you guys. I dream of one day being as fishy a family. We've got the cruising part down but now we need to wake everyone up before 9am so we can catch some fish together!

My kid won’t sleep past 6:00. She’s gotta watch big coast Saturday morning!
She reels along with Tim and Travis and now she’s starting to call halibut “hali” and says “I like salmon”
Now we Just need the boat. (Coming soon)
she says “daddy’s boat gone. Daddy’s new boat too!” Referring to my little attempted resto 16’er.
F2E95513-7BBE-4426-A7EE-C5B3A5BBDB03.jpeg

I am looking at buying a 2009 aluminum boat and it looked good until I climbed under it and seen all these marks. Does anyone know what might cause these? I was thinking barnacles and then pressure washer off. Does this affect the hull? Or is it corrosion? There are a lot of guys who know there stuff here and would appreciate your comments. Thanks

Hard to tell from the pictures but looks like corrosion to me? Aluminum hulls that aren’t bottom painted can get serious corrosion in a short amount of time. Either from being left in the salt water, or from sitting on a salty bunk trailer with carpeted bunks. Even worse is some bunk trailers use pressure treated wood for the bunks and then wrap with carpet. The salty carpet and wood absorbs the moisture in the air and reacts with the copper pressure treated wood and will corrode right through a hull over time.

Tough question, what is any needs work project worth? I'd say 2500-5k for a nice hull(with top, hydraulic steering, and good wiring), $500 for a not rusted out but needs work and tires trailer, $500-$1500 for the engine if there is hope. Amazing how much work old projects take and easy to sink 10k into it.

yeah from far away it looks like the owner stop caring for it or got too busy to use it. I am hoping the hull is fine because it looks like a 2000+ model and those used composite filled stringers. I have a spare engine from a trade I did with my friend back in the day so it be perfect for a small project if price is right.

If that boat is one of the later versions with composite stringers etc, It would be worth more than you think. That would be easily cleaned up.
There was one on craigslist recently for 20k iirc.
Looks like this from the distance I will have to go back there when I get a chance.

7382411_0_270220200717_1.jpg

In

surrey??

Close new west area

My kid won’t sleep past 6:00. She’s gotta watch big coast Saturday morning!
She reels along with Tim and Travis and now she’s starting to call halibut “hali” and says “I like salmon”
Now we Just need the boat. (Coming soon)
she says “daddy’s boat gone. Daddy’s new boat too!” Referring to my little attempted resto 16’er.
View attachment 55064
What a cutie. Here's mine working the sabiki at the dock. Resized_20200719_104351.jpeg
Sorry guys. Full blown derail there.

Back