Which 4 stroke 115 outboard

Kinetic

Looking at new aluminum boats and would like to here real world pro's/con's feedback on the 4 major brand 115 outboards.
Lets hear your experiences.
Thanks

Ask some marine mechanics.

Their answers will run the typical Yam, Marc, Suzuki, etc

Then find a list of 3 non-regular maintenance parts: starter motor, gasket set, etc
Phone around to find the availability of parts and guaranteed delivery times for these parts.

All (most?) new motors are reliable for their warranty period. There is probably several reasons why the charter boats and lodges have a short lease return period.

I've heard that Yamaha can be tough to get parts should anything major happen. This from my mechanic who is a mere-guy but actually recommended Suzuki.

The dealer near you that is good to deal with should also influence your decision as all the manufacturers have good products

I was really into Yamaha until I replaced the boat and it came with a 115 Suzuki. I'm all in on Zukes. However, admittedly probably the least represented manufacturer in the lower mainland considering the amount of Suzukis on the backs of boats. Way easier to find mechanics for Yamaha or mercury. I will not jump ship however. I have been so impressed with the engine. My two cents. As well this is a never ending argument, Ford, dodoge or Chevy??!!

Very happy with the Yamaha F115 on our boat. Bought new in 2006, it has had regular maintenance and no issues.

I realized this was a Ford vs Chevy vs dodge kind of a question. I was wanting to hear about ease/cost of servicing, service intervals, parts costs, etc.

Get an etec while you can. A 90
Etec will match a 115 4 Banger in performance but cheaper. No break in period, no oil changes, more torque, no smell, better fuel economy...only catch.... They don’t make them anymore. They will still honour parts and warranty though....

Get an etec while you can. A 90
Etec will match a 115 4 Banger in performance but cheaper. No break in period, no oil changes, more torque, no smell, better fuel economy...only catch.... They don’t make them anymore. They will still honour parts and warranty though....
How long will there be parts and warranty when they are in business anymore?

How long will there be parts and warranty when they are in business anymore?

I can only go by what they told me when I contacted them. However it’s also stated here:
https://www.evinrude.com/en-CA/our-evinrude-customers.html

BRP owns Evinrude. BRP is still in business and they sell ALOT of watercraft and recreational products/vehicles, they just stopped making the etecs. Would be bad for business if BRP screwed etec owners, but I guess etec owners just have to be comfortable with that. I’m not overly concerned. Not that I have a choice. ;)

Quiet honestly, I’m just happy I got one. It’s a great motor. If I had the cash I’d pick up a couple more just to have for a future boat.

I was really into Yamaha until I replaced the boat and it came with a 115 Suzuki. I'm all in on Zukes. However, admittedly probably the least represented manufacturer in the lower mainland considering the amount of Suzukis on the backs of boats. Way easier to find mechanics for Yamaha or mercury. I will not jump ship however. I have been so impressed with the engine. My two cents. As well this is a never ending argument, Ford, dodoge or Chevy??!!

I'm curious about Suzukis...can you elaborate with specifics here? Does the Suzuki do anything notably better? Or it's equally good and perhaps cheaper to buy?

I personally have operated Yamaha and Mercs in this HP range and there's not a lot of difference between them.

Im very happy with my 130 honda same block as the 115, hasent as much as farted in the 10 years iv had it, uses 1/2 the fuel of my old 70 yami 2st

Back