New 20hp 4st?

ratherbefishing

I'm considering upgrading from my 20hp 2st Yamaha which I love but I'm about done with the smell and trolling behavior. Looking for a short shaft, electric start. I'm partial to Suzuki but the new Mercs have seen some fairly positive reviews (I like the tiller location in particular). Does anyone have insight into the new Mercs? Pricing is pretty much the same so far.
Cheers

The zuki 20 has been flawless for me, probably put thousands of hours on it over the last few years. They do vibrate a bit but small trade off for reliability and the same weight as their 9.9. Also the 6 year warranty is pretty nice if still offered. If you can find a new old stock 2019 you'll save some money, Sherwood marine had the best prices on them.

I have a merc 20hp 4 stroke tiller on the 14’ tinner. Lots of hours and always starts first pull. The only have one issue, shifter needed to be adjusted, popped into neutral last weekend. Other then that, flawless.
I don’t think you can go wrong with either a merc(tohatsu), Yamaha, Honda or Suzuki.
As many have stated in other outboard threads, figure out the best dealer is around you and buy that brand. Warranty is still costly if you have to drive hours one way for repairs... they all break... at some point in time.

Back