Tales From The Tyee Pool.......2020..

Dave H

I'm baaaaaack!

Greetings all and welcome once again to this annual attempt to make reason and sense from this affliction we call Tyee fishing.

Aside from the changes at the clubhouse and whatever protocols each rower may wish for their boat, it's basically the same as before. From now until August 31st. it's one chinook per day, no upper size limit and then from September 1st. on it's two per day. I see lots of catch and release happening, so handle your fish carefully if it's an under.

The clubhouse itself isn't open but Bob, our Weighmaster, will conduct whatever business transactions need be done through the window on the side of the clubhouse. It's all pretty evident once you enter the yard.

Hotter than Hades here today and still some varnishing required on the boat, as well as lines to be tested and evaluated, but getting closer to being ready to row.

Looking forward to the season but truly sad that it appears PAGuy (Shannon) may not be able to make it this year if the border stays closed, and I was really looking forward to giving him a good shot this year.
I owe him one.

So hey and hi to everyone and off we go.

Stay tuned.

Take care.

FishOn!.jpg

Nice,, was hoping to see the thread start up soon. Best of luck to you guys out there this year Dave.

With so many lodges shut down and other areas having to release anything over 80cm I wonder how the pool will be this year.

With so many lodges shut down and other areas having to release anything over 80cm I wonder how the pool will be this year.

Me too. LOL

Take care.

https://notices.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fns-sap/index-eng.cfm?pg=view_notice&DOC_ID=234380&ID=all

In Subareas 13-3 and 13-5, those waters of Discovery Passage and Campbell River inside of a line starting at the fishing boundary sign at Orange Point located at 50°
04.392' north latitude by 125°16.608' west longitude, then northeasterly to a point in the middle of the channel located at 50°04.392' north latitude by 125°15.510'
west longitude, then southeasterly to a point located at 50°00.507' north latitude by 125°12.859' west longitude, then southwesterly to the fishing boundary sign on
the southern end of Hidden Harbour breakwater located at 50°00.504' north latitude by125°13.945' west longitude.

00:01 hours July 15, 2020 to 23:59 hours August 31, 2020: One (1) Chinook per day, no maximum size limit.

Here's a post to keep me alive on page one. LOL

Don't know who these intrepid anglers are but kudos for being the first boat I've seen out this season.

Just a smidge early but as is always the case, someone has to catch the first one.

Good luck to all.

FirstTyeeBoat20.jpg

Photo by Jo Jo Moon

Take care.

Back