R3EF MOOCHING REELS?

It looks and feels very good. Designed in Canada, made in Korea. It is actually very well designed and well thought out. The anodized surface looks top shelf. It will go head to head in the mid range aluminum reel market. The drag feels very smooth. I have not fished one yet, so that is all the feedback that I am prepared to offer at this time. It felt good in my hands. Looks good internally.

whats the dia of the spool? 4.25?

It looks and feels very good. Designed in Canada, made in Korea. It is actually very well designed and well thought out. The anodized surface looks top shelf. It will go head to head in the mid range aluminum reel market. The drag feels very smooth. I have not fished one yet, so that is all the feedback that I am prepared to offer at this time. It felt good in my hands. Looks good internally.
I don't know anything about the reel but I would sure prefer to buy stuff manufactured in South Korea over anything made in China.

Obviously local is even better but if I had to pick between the two...anyway that makes me a little interested in the reel, even though let's be honest: I can barely justify used Shimanos, let alone these Reels-Royces.

It's only a battle with yourself and your own choices and desires. I couldn't careless what anyone else uses or fishes with...just as I stated in my previous post. You choose your own flavor and enjoy it. Good on ya. I chose mine because of its significance in Angel number meaning. :)

https://numerologynation.com/angel-number-666/
No arguments here - I would guess this site has a hundred guys who could justify high end gear and these do look nice.

At my skill level, I think I'd be equally well served by gluing an old eggbeater to a stick and just waving it around over the side of my boat, though.

Bought one about a month ago and I gotta say its pretty sweet!!!.. I've only had the pleasure of reeling in a chinook on an Islander once so I can't give an accurate comparison but its way WAY better then my old Daiwa mooching reel...So far its brought in a 17 pound chinook outta Nootka Sound and a 25 pounder outta Port Renfrew ( the fight of a life time..on my own in some weather, steering the boat and { trying } to net the sucker..net blowing around in the wind getting caught on everything possible in the boat ...long story short I had this fish right near the boat for about half an hour fumbling with the net and throttle and steering and all I had to do was keep the rod tip up and the reel drag did the rest!!!..For about half the price of an Islander I would recommend em!!!

I went into Harbour Chandler this summer and bought the green R3EF mooching reel. They said the R3EF reel is better than the Trophy Xl mooching reels. And the R3EF reels are made locally, also the guy who came up with the reel lives in New Westminister. Going to see what the price will be on Black Friday. Might buy the Orange R3EF reel, for my other son.

Islander.........do not compromise. Support the original, canadian and yes they are that much better. Fit finish feel....
yet i have had nothing but problems with my MR3. i agree with your sentiment; i’m just hugely disappointed with mine

Any idea about their mooching rods? Quality ?
I got two of these on in the fall for cheaper than this during Black Friday.
Haven't used them yet. They look a little clunky, much thicker right above the grip than my Technium and a little thicker at the tip, which is bright yellow.
Might be good for dragging up a hali, but too heavy for fun sockeye fishing.

Bought a R3ef reel in Campbell River last month and used it for two weeks through the Discovery Islands and Desolation. Absolutely love it and am getting another for my birthday in a few weeks!

Back