2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info, learn something new everyday regarding Thrasher. Just came back from dragging a line West Van shoreline to Passage Island and back again.
Watching lots of fish on the screen, lost a cannon ball and etc. (had to cut) *&%$^&&(*)_)(. In 70 feet of water (when snagged) and was able to pull up to 30 feet WTF?
Picked up about 20 crabs, 4 male keepers not a total loss. Best of luck to you guys :)

Thanks for the info, learn something new everyday regarding Thrasher. Just came back from dragging a line West Van shoreline to Passage Island and back again.
Watching lots of fish on the screen, lost a cannon ball and etc. (had to cut) *&%$^&&(*)_)(. In 70 feet of water (when snagged) and was able to pull up to 30 feet WTF?
Picked up about 20 crabs, 4 male keepers not a total loss. Best of luck to you guys :)
FBB65D3D-BF02-4A3A-895C-5BB670A0E6DF.png
Here by chance?

It's not a zodiac, it's a boat from Costco lol
Oh **** that’s awesome! You rocking a 9.9 on that thing or are you rigged for offshore like twin 6horse or something? Haha. I assume you’re just playing in the straight until tuna season starts up off Tofino right? . Yeah absolutely legendary man right on.

Oh **** that’s awesome! You rocking a 9.9 on that thing or are you rigged for offshore like twin 6horse or something? Haha. I assume you’re just playing in the straight until tuna season starts up off Tofino right? . Yeah absolutely legendary man right on.
14 ft boat, 30 HP (cruise 28 km/h, top 38 kmh, 25-30 liters round trip to Thrasher), and I'm very picky about the weather.

FYI re Thrasher Rock:

Sorry admin this not a fishing report but I think worthy of a post here. Note that only area 17 and that portion of sub area 29-2 west of the area border line from Thrasher Rk to Gower Pt. near Gibsons is open for chinook retention July 15th. Those regs are part of "SoG north". That northwesterly portion of sub area 29-5 is part of "SoG south" and not open for chinook retention until Aug 1st. Eg. Fishing the SE contours of Thrasher you are well into 29-5.

Its a dumb additional 2 weeks of non retention over there at Thrasher but just an FYI to be aware. As a rough guideline you'd have to be NW of the RK to stay in the July 15th chinook retention area

Last edited:
FYI re Thrasher Rock:

Sorry admin this not a fishing report but I think worthy of a post here. Note that only area 17 and that portion of sub area 29-2 west of the area border line from Thrasher Rk to Gower Pt. near Gibsons is open for chinook retention July 15th. Those regs are part of "SoG north". That northwesterly portion of sub area 29-5 is part of "SoG south" and not open for chinook retention until Aug 1st. Eg. Fishing the SE contours of Thrasher you are well into 29-5.

Its a dumb additional 2 weeks of non retention over there at Thrasher but just an FYI to be aware. As a rough guideline you'd have to be NW of the RK to stay in the July 15th chinook retention area

FYI re Thrasher Rock:

There's a description of the areas and what's allowed in this link:
https://www.pacificangler.ca/2020-chinook-measures-our-response/

Anyone been out in the open area around and north of Gower Point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back