Petition to the Minister of Fisheries, Oceans and the Canadian Coast Guard

2200 views of this thread yet only 1200 signatures , ????? C'mon we need you to not only look but sign !
Please sign up , every signature sends a message !!
Couldnt agree more.

This petition is the most objectively worded, mainstream opinion friendly piece of communication I have seen on this issue to date.

We have to get it out to as many people as possible.

Would I am hustling it hard in my social circle with the messaging: lets put the heat to them to get a actual recovery plan put in place before we lose these upper fraser fish forever

7D69091F-8AA0-44FD-9A5E-CE4DC41DDB7F.jpeg
Sorry but youre wrong David Suzuki has followed his passion throughout his life which is protecting the environment and furthering science and research we should be on his side of things because the other side of things would be happy with our province as a paved parking lot covered in fish farms with no wild salmon to get in the way of progress. What you call propaganda the rest of the world calls science, your claims are propaganda and don't help the sport fishing community look any better, we sound like knuckle draggers blaming everyone else instead of acknowledging that our fisheries need protection and restoration and putting down a guy that's been saying that for years is ignorant.
7D69091F-8AA0-44FD-9A5E-CE4DC41DDB7F.jpeg

2200 views of this thread yet only 1200 signatures , ????? C'mon we need you to not only look but sign !
Please sign up , every signature sends a message !!

Don’t forget though how many of the same members have viewed it multiple times. 2200 viewers could be from 500 people.
Don’t get discouraged more will get a hold of it,

It’s my understanding that PSF gets 100% of the salmon conservation stamp proceeds but none of the license fees. The stamp proceeds go towards smaller scale hatcheries (PIP’s and CEDP’s) while DFO funds the major hatcheries. Stamp proceeds go to stream keepers and education programs (salmon in classroom) as well.

I thought now that 100% of the rec license fee goes to the Pacific Salmon Foundation to use for salmon conservation research and habitat restoration projects.

Does the PSF found DFO hatcheries? Don't think so. The PSF may fund local hatchery projects, but not the big DFO hatcheries. If I am wrong please let me know.

I just want to say the fact that the natives are harvesting fish lets be appreciate of that there is still catch and release for us. Each individual will come to realize that unstained practices are not good for the benefit of anyone. There are plenty of fish the effects are only temporary. There is hate in some of the natives. Stop the hate that may be on all sides and you will see enjoyment of fishing for everybody.

I just want to say the fact that the natives are harvesting fish lets be appreciate of that there is still catch and release for us. Each individual will come to realize that unstained practices are not good for the benefit of anyone. There are plenty of fish the effects are only temporary. There is hate in some of the natives. Stop the hate that may be on all sides and you will see enjoyment of fishing for everybody.
Really CATCH and RELEASE ,better check the regs in area 29-3 thru 29-5 for Chinook.
29-6 thru 29-10 Nadda , or you'll be sorry
YA LETS SEND A MESSAGE .....SIGN PLEASE, IF YOU DONT HAVE A COMPUTER, GET SOMEONE TO DO IT FOR U !!

Back