Honda OB service lower mainland?

TheNootkaRose

Looking to service my 2006 Honda 225 and 8hp kicker.
These are new to me. Need a good/fair mechanic to give em a once over maybe to impeller, plugs, thermostat. Seem to run pretty good right now.

Did a search and the answers are coming up a few years old. Wondering if anyone has someone they use and trust.
Thanks

I believe maple marine in langley services Honda engines.

Do not go to honda center, the head mechanic is a kid, good with motorcycle i was told but with outboards i will never go there again, cost 5 grand to fix a faulty engine alarm and it still come on once in a while, TNA in langley has the code reader for big Honda, and ear they are good, never used them myself as i do all my service myself, unless i need a code reader

yep, they sure do
Must be new, they did not have a code reader for honda 3 years ago, they might do service like oil change and stuff but not computer trouble shooting, i went true all the dealers and the only ones that did big honda outboard, honda center,tna, and one in nanaimo, was going to take mine to the states to get it looked at was so frustrate with honda centre. Maple marine is 2 min away from my house

Must be new, they did not have a code reader for honda 3 years ago, they might do service like oil change and stuff but not computer trouble shooting, i went true all the dealers and the only ones that did big honda outboard, honda center,tna, and one in nanaimo, was going to take mine to the states to get it looked at was so frustrate with honda centre. Maple marine is 2 min away from my house

In April they became a service / parts dealer for Honda marine.

Well i will have to go for a short drive to check it out, thanks. They cant do worst then Honda center and 2 min from my house

Let me know if you go and what you find, please. I'm up in Squamish so it's a bit of a trip for me to just inquire.

Let me know if you go and what you find, please. I'm up in Squamish so it's a bit of a trip for me to just inquire.
What you’re looking for sounds like basic outboard maintenance stuff. Why don’t you find a reputable marine shop / mechanic on the Northshore and get them to do it for you? Years ago, I changed the impeller on my Honda outboard myself. At the time, Jeff was the guy at the Honda store in Vancouver and he helped me find the right parts and gave me a quick walk through of what was needed. It’s really not rocket science. I wouldn’t go to a registered dealer unless I’m stuck with some serious issue that requires troubleshooting/ special parts. Honda engines are like a workhorse. They are supposed to run for thousands of hours in the salt if you just follow the maintenance schedule.

Last edited:
What you’re looking for sounds like basic outboard maintenance stuff. Why don’t you find a reputable marine shop / mechanic on the Northshore and get them to do it for you? Years ago, I changed the impeller on my Honda outboard myself. At the time, Jeff was the guy at the Honda store in Vancouver and he helped me find the right parts and gave me a quick walk through of what was needed. It’s really not rocket science. I wouldn’t go to a registered dealer unless I’m stuck with some serious issue that requires troubleshooting/ special parts. Honda engines are a workhorse. They are supposed to run for thousands of hours in the salt if you just follow the maintenance schedule.

Inlet Marine has done work for me in the past on a different boat. They don’t service Honda at all - don’t want to touch em. So I thought I’d ask others.

Inlet Marine has done work for me in the past on a different boat. They don’t service Honda at all - don’t want to touch em. So I thought I’d ask others.
Chris and his team are great but they only do Merc. I’ve tried so many times to get them do basic stuff on my Honda/Suzuki but the answer has always been very consistent. :D
I’m pretty sure that guys on this board can recommend a reputable shop on the Northshore that can do basic service on a Honda without your pocket. @ab1752 might be able to give you a lead.

Last edited:
What you’re looking for sounds like basic outboard maintenance stuff. Why don’t you find a reputable marine shop / mechanic on the Northshore and get them to do it for you? Years ago, I changed the impeller on my Honda outboard myself. At the time, Jeff was the guy at the Honda store in Vancouver and he helped me find the right parts and gave me a quick walk through of what was needed. It’s really not rocket science. I wouldn’t go to a registered dealer unless I’m stuck with some serious issue that requires troubleshooting/ special parts. Honda engines are like a workhorse. They are supposed to run for thousands of hours in the salt if you just follow the maintenance schedule.
I do all my service stuff myself too, always have done it, Have add 3x i/o, the Honda 225 is my first outboard and wow is it easy to work on, unless you need computer work, then the options are very small for dealer, **** loads on the US side but here
Na.

Went for a look, and if they do honda they dont advertise, nothing on the bldg showing honda??? Even there website says nothing about honda, i will stop by after work tomorow to be sure

Back