Boat Window Glass What the hell is on there and how do I get off

That does look weird. Almost like some kind of a tree sap or such. I'm assuming you've tried an exacto blade?

Mine are definitely hard water spots and look different that that. I will still let u know about the bar keepers friend works as it does have grit in it much like the fireplace ash trick.

Good luck

Ya, after looking at hard water stains, it could totally be that. Here is what my spots look like.

Screenshot_20200706-123326_Chrome.jpg

Calcium Lime Remover CLR works on water stains quite well, watch the painted or plated surfaces, as per the instructions.

How about hand sanitizer? If that's sap or the like it may do the trick...small area first.

Yes use a razor blade , new sharp one , only cut one direction , never pull blade back on the glass or it will scratch
You could use some glass cleaner as lube ,it won’t hurt it
Clean sharp blades

My grandfather used to use coal oil to remove a similar looking staining on our Gordon's Beach cabin windows. Back in the day when we burned it in our stove used for heating the place....switched to wood later on.

Interested in what ends up working. My Diamond Seaglaze windows on my SeaSport that are tinted have the same water spot issue on them.

Can you feel this material with the back of your finger nails? If so you might want to try a clay bar...the griots garage synthetic clay bar works really well on glass to remove **** and clean deep contamination.

Looks like accumulation of salt and water spots never properly rinsed or cleaned over the years. You were on the right track with 3m heavy oxidation remover. Trick is to use 0000 steel wool as well. Maybe a drop or two of water to make a paste. Polish with the fine steel wool. Wipe off before it dries. I tried all of the other suggestions when I encountered this problem. The steel wool works. It’s an old car detailers trick.

Given you tried Acetone, Isopropyl Alcohol, Brake Fluid, Gasoline, Go Gone, etc... it is likely not Organic and any of those organic solvents, alcohols, toluene's, ethers, oils probably will not work. Probably dissolved minerals like someone mentioned so CLR, Pickle Vinegar, Muriatic Acid should work. I would try strong >7% pickling vinegar from Canadian Tire first. Might want to use paper towel and lay soaked towels on the surface and leave it for 1/2 - 1hr before try to rub off. If that works then you could get fancier and use Loctite Navel Jelly (sold as a rust remover), jelly holds it in place so it has time to act. I would be careful with abrasives due to scratching. If you are not worried about scratching you can use fine 3M scothbrite in pads (https://www.uline.ca/BL_142/3M-Hand-Pads?keywords=scotch+brite) or 3M Scotchbrite Roloc Pad on a Die Grinder (https://www.3mcanada.ca/3M/en_CA/co...1730+8713412+8713459+8716717+3294529206&rt=r3) or on Amazon (https://www.amazon.ca/3M-7515-Scotc...e+roloc&qid=1594268567&sr=8-1&tag=googcana-20)

They are pretty amazing when it come to really fine >600 grit cleaning/polishing.

Back