What's for dinner tonight ?

That is something I still want to make, beef ribs on my smoker.
Read a comment from a bbq/ smoke forum that stated there wasn’t enough meat on the ribs for all the work they had to do.
I guess you have to get the right ribs for this recipe.
I kind of agree with that comment but I spotted a package of nice meaty ones in the market the other day and I couldn’t resist.

Last fall Blacktail backstraps cooked medium rare with gremolata sauce, and fresh garden berries with maple syrup and ice cream for dessert. Not pictured is the garden spinach salad with, garden strawberries, goat feta, red onions and balsamic oil dressing.

bt.jpg dessert.jpg

Russian Boar Chops with home-made BarBee sauce:

iRLaIiS.jpg

Served with mixed veggies (peas, beans, pepper & scapes) steamed in white wine & butter, and Parmesan Pesto with grated Asiago Cheese on top:

rJ3qmTx.jpg

r59cEDT.jpg

Accompanied by a rather fine red.

Cheers,
Nog

Was looking for something to work as comfort food to help offset yet another cold, wet & miserable day here. Thinking along the lines of a free-range buzzard, when much to my surprise I discovered the very last smoked bear ham, still safely secured in heavy shrink wrap! Excellent!

YmEO5Lm.jpg

Tossed that Bad Baby in the clay baker and set about to scorch some Sesame Oil & Butter Brussels's to go with:

zZdQiJt.jpg

Maple Candied Yams definitely go well:

cmp5ALX.jpg

And about then the ham had the whole house smelling Most Wonderful!

Sux4NUm.jpg

A quick slice & dice:

0sYwjmE.jpg

Onto the plates:

rJRvivf.jpg

Then served under candle light with a rather fine Red:

3dn52SS.jpg

This one never fails to please! Tender, juicy and full of excellent flavors!

Man, I NEED to collect another fat bear this fall! ;)

Cheers,
Nog

Was looking for something to work as comfort food to help offset yet another cold, wet & miserable day here. Thinking along the lines of a free-range buzzard, when much to my surprise I discovered the very last smoked bear ham, still safely secured in heavy shrink wrap! Excellent!

YmEO5Lm.jpg

Tossed that Bad Baby in the clay baker and set about to scorch some Sesame Oil & Butter Brussels's to go with:

zZdQiJt.jpg

Maple Candied Yams definitely go well:

cmp5ALX.jpg

And about then the ham had the whole house smelling Most Wonderful!

Sux4NUm.jpg

A quick slice & dice:

0sYwjmE.jpg

Onto the plates:

rJRvivf.jpg

Then served under candle light with a rather fine Red:

3dn52SS.jpg

This one never fails to please! Tender, juicy and full of excellent flavors!

Man, I NEED to collect another fat bear this fall! ;)

Cheers,
Nog
Nog , you are the king of the doilies, and mouth watering culinary treats. But it’s the doilies that get every time.

Not supper, but will be the focus of many a dessert come this fall & winter!

I did not think our cherry tree was going to produce much of anything this year. The lack of sun meant that 65 - 70 % of what it was trying to grow either rotted on the vine, or simply dropped off the tree. Couple days back I noticed the local birds showing some interest, so quickly surveyed the situation. The ones that were there were ripe, so I set about the harvest. Hate ladders, but these things are so damn good I try to overlook that aspect...

Ended up with over 3.5 gallons of fine cherries! Excellent!

Graded and washed them, then set about to make my Lady's Absolute Favorite: Black Forest Cherries!

Sl1xyqN.jpg

Pitting machine makes short work of that task:

cj97Wzc.jpg

One and half ounces of Cream de Cacao per pint, a hot light / medium syrup and ready to go:

EO49Wiz.jpg

Into the water bath canner for 15 minutes roiling boil:

6AW7ciG.jpg

And set to cool:

2d2ffZs.jpg

My Lady can never wait to try them on, and so as usual they barely cooled and she went at it.

Her findings??
sHa_shakeshout.gif

Going to be downright pleasurable chowing down of these over the winter!
Three more batches to go...

Cheers,
Nog

Back