zurk's Recent Activity

1. zurk replied to the thread Electric outboards.

try and match the oomph of a 115HP yammy pushing me at 30kts cruise on a 2 day trip for 250nm with a 10 minute charge cycle and we can...

Aug 8, 2020 at 11:27 AM
  2. zurk replied to the thread Trailer bearings + saltwater.

i got mine done at highliner trailers and also put on teflon bunks. highly recommended. they are in delta. https://highlinertrailer.com/...

Aug 7, 2020 at 2:00 PM
  3. zurk replied to the thread What do we think my boat is worth in the market.

ive been getting showing requests for my 2018 kingfisher 1825 priced at $79K so pretty sure you will get some bites for $7995.

Aug 7, 2020 at 10:44 AM
  4. zurk replied to the thread Aluminum builder.

who is the aluminum guy you use ?

Aug 7, 2020 at 8:59 AM
  5. zurk replied to the thread Electric outboards.

i tried to do a hybrid electric boat. didnt work out. electric motors dont have enough sustained oomph even with a bank of lifepo4s...

Aug 7, 2020 at 8:55 AM
  6. zurk replied to the thread Boat Handling Suggestions..

if you dont have a bow thruster you need to add a bow mount trolling motor like an ulterra with quick remote deploy. backup with the bow...

Aug 6, 2020 at 3:11 PM
  7. zurk replied to the thread Boat Handling Suggestions..

you have to reverse in an S shape. think of reversing a trailer and stay ahead of it. also look into bow thrusters. edit: didnt realise...

Aug 5, 2020 at 6:45 PM
  8. zurk replied to the thread Good TIG welder in Vancouver or surrounding areas ?.

was it ron ? or jeff ?

Aug 4, 2020 at 12:52 PM
  9. zurk posted a new thread.

Good TIG welder in Vancouver or surrounding areas ?

Anyone know a good TIG guy in lower mainland who can do TIG on 0.125" aluminum ? Trying to get a quote on hard top...

Forum: Boats, Motors, Trailers and Towing Rigs Forum

Aug 4, 2020 at 12:10 PM
  10. zurk replied to the thread Best Light Weight Tender.

yep. i pulled the trigger on the sea eagle 380X and quicksail package. works just fine. i drop it on the rear deck, stick the pump in,...

Aug 4, 2020 at 8:31 AM
  11. zurk replied to the thread Anti theft options for boat in driveway?.

ive put roadside barriers around the boat which are water filled and the boat is always jacked up full when not in use anyway so it...

Aug 4, 2020 at 8:24 AM
  12. zurk replied to the thread Cuddy storage ideas.

i use the collapsible "clever crates" you get at costco. they can be stacked when not in use about an inch tall and full size when opened.

Aug 4, 2020 at 8:23 AM
  13. zurk replied to the thread VHF Radio.

i suggest picking up a standard horizon GX2200 with a Shakespeare 8' antenna. they all have built in speakers which die. shorter...

Aug 4, 2020 at 8:21 AM