profisher's Recent Activity

1. profisher replied to the thread Rapid corrosion on motor.

I rewired my Seasport maybe 8-10 years ago and while I didn’t find much wrong as I bought the boat new...so no one bad chopped the...

Oct 25, 2020 at 5:00 PM
  2. profisher replied to the thread Recommend to me a place to have a trailer hitch installed.

Jim at Custom Hitch did my hitch on my Dodge Ram after the one that came with the truck almost broke free. They are behind Luxton fair...

Oct 24, 2020 at 10:32 PM
  3. profisher replied to the thread Recommend to me a place to have a trailer hitch installed.

Custom Hitch in Victoria/Langford

Oct 24, 2020 at 6:04 PM
  4. profisher replied to the thread Winterizing - What do you do.

Yep stabilize the fuel and run it once a month until up to temp...keeps good oil coating on cylinders all bearings and keeps seals from...

Oct 23, 2020 at 12:08 PM
  5. profisher replied to the thread Trolling Motor vs Running on Main Engines?.

Not when you calculate the number of hours you can run them before they wear out...mine had over 7000 hours on it and paid $3500 for it....

Oct 22, 2020 at 7:22 PM
  6. profisher replied to the thread New Silver Streak on the way.

I agree Ray and I’ve been told buy builders that all sealed compartments should have access plates so you can not only check for water...

Oct 22, 2020 at 3:30 PM
  7. profisher replied to the thread Crab Bait.

No kidding, I pay about $10 for 4 packages which is enough for 2 traps.

Oct 22, 2020 at 11:04 AM
  8. profisher replied to the thread Island Outfitters Fire Sale.

Looking to the future...where is all the new growth in developments and density. The west shore is growing faster than any other...

Oct 22, 2020 at 8:37 AM
  9. profisher replied to the thread Crab Bait.

Just wash your hands after handling the chicken. The ice thing about chicken is that seals don't recognize it as food and don't...

Oct 22, 2020 at 8:33 AM
  10. profisher replied to the thread Island Outfitters Fire Sale.

Whole in Water, I heard Ian and Megan for sure.

Oct 21, 2020 at 3:57 PM
  11. profisher replied to the thread TransportCanada.

Not sure why the small commercial boat inspections aren’t done like commercial vehicles. Every year you take it to shop and they go...

Oct 21, 2020 at 3:30 PM
  12. profisher replied to the thread Trolling Motor vs Running on Main Engines?.

I agree, there is no way a 300 4 stroke idling is going to burn less fuel than a 9.9 trolling the same boat. Quieter..yes, easier to...

Oct 21, 2020 at 1:35 PM
  13. profisher replied to the thread Trolling Motor vs Running on Main Engines?.

I'll likely never be able to confirm that!!!! lol

Oct 20, 2020 at 9:22 PM
  14. profisher attached a file to the thread 2020 Sooke Reports.

Fished down close to Sombrio today for halibut and unfortunately couldn't stay long enough to catch the tide change as guests had to...

sombrio.jpg Oct 20, 2020 at 9:02 PM