Prfisher's Recent Activity

1. Prfisher liked Macfuzza's post in the thread Using gas station gas for boat.

Avoiding ethanol fuel is sound advice. Marked fuel is great for marine use, it's your best bet unless your engine calls for a greater...

Jun 2, 2020 at 2:18 PM
  2. Prfisher replied to the thread HP Downriggers worth the upgrade?.

This turned out to be a bit of a hijack, but there’s been some good info here. Hope the OP doesn’t mind. Tried my uncooperative rigger...

Jun 1, 2020 at 3:45 PM
  3. Prfisher replied to the thread 23' & 26' Hourston Project Commenced....

Back in my working days, I was an aircraft engineer. Worked mostly on single engine float planes. Every winter we’d tear one machine...

May 31, 2020 at 1:13 PM
  4. Prfisher replied to the thread HP Downriggers worth the upgrade?.

Thanks Chucky. That was my first thought too, but it runs smooth as silk with the belt removed. No wobble or vibration. I couldn’t see a...

May 30, 2020 at 11:53 PM
  5. Prfisher liked littlechucky's post in the thread HP Downriggers worth the upgrade?.

My guess is you have a warped (or cracked) spool.

May 30, 2020 at 11:46 PM
  6. Prfisher liked jeffywestcoast's post in the thread the popemobile is getting tired.

Our little Tinny is a great little boat , can’t wait to actually bonk a nice spring in it. Current regulations don’t allow retention...

May 30, 2020 at 12:56 PM
  7. Prfisher replied to the thread HP Downriggers worth the upgrade?.

Thanks for the tip GLG. I have one that chatters & slows down on the drop. I’ll loosen the tensioner before I head out tomorrow. One...

May 30, 2020 at 12:38 AM
  8. Prfisher liked kingblazer84's post in the thread Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas.

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/van/bod/d/campbell-river-1998-arima-sea-ranger-19/7128204115.html

May 29, 2020 at 11:36 PM
  9. Prfisher replied to the thread Using gas station gas for boat.

Hey Mayday. Thanks for posting the vid. Very instructive.

May 29, 2020 at 1:00 AM
  10. Prfisher liked ReelSlim's post in the thread HP Downriggers worth the upgrade?.

They are much nicer units but I’m not a fan of the digital display other than being able to zero them easily. It seems that some last...

May 28, 2020 at 12:01 AM
  11. Prfisher replied to the thread BRP discontinues E-TEC and E-TEC G2s.

I agree, sad news. When I repowered, it came down to a Suzuki 140 or the Etec 130. I’ve never regretted choosing the Zuke, & I’m even...

May 27, 2020
  12. Prfisher replied to the thread Using gas station gas for boat.

If you have a Columbia Fuels station nearby, I’m assured their mid grade marked gas is ethanol free. I’ve been using it pretty much...

May 27, 2020