Recent content by brands51

1. brands51

WTB: center console 19+

Thanks boys I’ll keep searching
  2. brands51

WTB: center console 19+

In the market for a 19+ foot welded aluminum Center console... budget around 40k. Any tip offs are much appreciated.
  3. brands51

2020 Haida Gwaii Reports

Hey man don’t know if we’ve officially met but I’ve been guiding past couple summers up there. Obliviously super bummed to hear about postponing/cancelling this summer. That’s my favourite place on earth and I’ll miss it big time this summer. Fantastic group of people is an understatement. Clint...
  4. brands51

Looking for electric downriggers

Wish I waited, got a set with no swivels for 550. Thanks though!
  5. brands51

Looking for electric downriggers

Looking for a set of electric riggers for my tinny no mounts needed have 500$ cash and can pickup anywhere on Vancouver island.
  6. brands51

2019 Sidney Reports

Nice work boys, pretty consistent fishing out there eh! I dragged my grandpa out there and we made it happen the other day. Plenty of fish in the 12-18# range and managed a thumper of a pre season fish, a true wild that measured 36.5x24”.
  7. brands51

Islander reels for sale

Have a pair of islander reels for sale. Both a few seasons old, well maintained in a good used condition. Pics to follow. Located in Victoria but I do frequently travel up island. MR2 gold spooled with 40lb maxima in September 350$ Steelheader Silver spooled with 20lb maxima in September 300$...
  8. brands51

2019 Sidney Reports

Joined the Sidney wagon for the tinners first trip of the season. Released a pair of wilds around 10# and took home a nice hatchery for the bbq. All action on spooons.
  9. brands51

Beach Journal 2018

I’ve always found your beach fishing journal to be epic Treblig. I’ve always wanted to catch quality salmon off the beaches as you do,but opportunities seem to be somewhat limited in the South Island area. That being said, a Saturday night beach date with the girlfriend quickly turned into me...
  10. brands51

2018 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Haven’t been out as much as I’d like lately, but the night bites have been pretty consistent for me of late. Picked up a beaut late season spring and a nice hatch coho on a last minute solo mission tonight!
  11. brands51

2018 Sooke Reports

Hit sooke for the first time since getting back from Haida... worked possesion and secretary all afternoon. Released a high teener early on, and got into a real nice fish later on. Pound for pound one of the best fighters I’ve ever seen, barking line in the holder with big head shakes. one of my...
  12. brands51

Seems like pretty tough going out there boys. I got back from Haida Gwaii about a week ago now and have since fished the front twice. A skunk one morning last week was the first trip, and last night we picked up a 12# and lost a pretty decent fish, both minutes apart at the 615pm high slack...
  13. brands51

Fished the flats on the weekend and got into a few 5-8lbers on coho killers... fished the front Saturday night fishing summer depths and got skunked. Off to Haida Gwaii today for my first summer of guiding at North King Lodge, so I’ll see you boys in August. Hope you all have a great summer!
  14. brands51

Calm water salmon or halibut spots Oak Bay

I’ll send you a pm when I’m off work with some pics man.
  15. brands51

Calm water salmon or halibut spots Oak Bay

Man, I’ve been fishing out of a 14” Lund for 4 seasons now. You gotta love the feeling of being low to the water, it’s a true west coast experience and at this point I wouldn’t trade it for a bigger boat. Before I go out I always check the weather via big wave and the weather network. If it’s...