Recent content by big rock

1. B

Brown’s Bay

H Thx Crow. How is the quality still pretty bright?
  2. B

Navionics boating app problem

Hmm.... Just turned my airplane mode off and tried the app seems to be working for me. I did get an email in September stating my app version will be phasing out. I had to get the the new app and transfer my data over. Maybe you have a that email in your junk box?
  3. B

2020 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Nice report DBB. Did you see any other boats catching?
  4. B

Catching on Braid vs Mono

I prefer braid with no mono attached. Braid straight to the flasher. Either way tho braid is the way to go.
  5. B

Dealing with Seals stealing your fish

If you are fishing a seal zone. Try to stay seated keep the net down while fighting the fish. The seals watch the boats for commotion and go down. As mentioned above If you do get sealed you have to stay on top of them hard don’t let up for air otherwise your in for another 5-7 min battle. I’ve...
  6. B

2020 Winter Harbour Reports

Keep the reports coming awesome. Hopefully you get for some tuna.
  7. B

play by play. I like it.
  8. B

Port alberni Inlet massacre

Thx for all your hard work. Good luck at the round table.
  9. B

2020 Port Renfrew Reports

how much is the fee?
  10. B

I guess the obvious spots would be Cliff point and the light house which do hold coho during summer months. The guides also tack around Mahatta river, due low water conditions there are probably some staging there. The narrows also can be good but it seems to be a small window 1 hour before the...
  11. B

Bute pointers

Nice Ejji does very nice work nice to support local artists. Yep I like to bucktail small spoons with my fly rod in the kelp beds. Some really good action on the eb tide. Same at the log dump.
  12. B

Bute pointers

Bute is an awesome spot for sure. Most importantly is pay attention to the outflow wind coming out of the inlet you will want to have a good point of land to hide behind. If you travel on the SE side of Stuart Is Henrietta point you won’t have to worry about any rapids. There is good anchorage...
  13. B

2020 Campbell River Reports

I haven’t had very many coho in counters on the inside this year. Considering chinooks are still coming down the straits I’m Hoping they will show late. Be interested to know if anyone has seen any decent coho numbers. Can’t wait for beach fishing.