2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday HITW is unfishable lots of leaves and crap all over the water column. South end of bowen is on fire buddy got a massive hit in tight to the rocks. Fairly nice fishing there but the waves became massive and was unmissable at around 4pm.

We tried pt atkinson to cap and some fish no big hits. I may try south of bowen if its calm enough cross to thrasher and spend the night. Shifty weather tho so maybe south bowen drop some crab traps.

Lol pretty cocky behind a key board there JR.

They have done nothing illegal, if you have an issue then PM them don’t call them out in public and try and shame them.

There is a thread for the holier than thou’s to express their thoughts on fish handling already.
I think rain citys intention is 100% right. The name calling is probably uncalled for but I mean I think most of us cringed alittle when we saw the picture given the circumstances were in right now. Were barely allowed to even fish here locally were one thread away from nothing absolute nothing zero fishing locally. We all know that was horrible fish handling during a chinook closure ... if you dont think so you need to educate yourself some more. The fish probably swam away and is alive and fine and you got a sweet picture of a awesome memory i dont blame him but the sad fact is the rec fleet is under attack and the picture screams "Check out this by-catch look at what were catching and the way us rec fisherman treat the fish " It sucks that its come this we should be able to whack chinooks and brag about all the fish were catching but this political thing is dead a serious issue to the people whos lifestyle and/or living relies on it.

The derailment of these threads is becoming far to common place. I have left some comments and removed the personal stuff. Interesting that their were comments that stated that they derided the OP for the handling of the fish but said they themselves would want a picture of that beauty. Just because you don't post a picture on a public sit doesn't make the taking of the pic any more right or wrong. The OP himself stated he hasn't been fishing because of C&R but that his Granddaughter wanted to fish so they did. Now they nail this beautiful fish, which I am sure would be something the Granddaughter has never accomplished before, so they take the pic. Reminds me a little of the reformed smoker, as I know I no longer take fish out of the water that I would have previously because I have photos of me with Tyee class fish, but I know my son would want to have his picture taken with this fish, as he has never had the good fortune to land one that size yet. I am not picking sides here, as I understand the unfortunate situation we as recreational fishers find ourselves in, but I would like to think we could find a way to have this conversation without the harsh judgement that seems to occur when someone posts a fish pic like this. We should be celebrating that young ladies accomplishment but alas, because of the situation we find ourselves in we somehow feel a sense of shame as a member of the fishing fraternity.

My suggestion is to continue this type of conversation in a thread already designated to the subject but, until there is yet another regulation added to the pile that says fish to be released may not be removed from the water, I am loath to condemn people here from finding a little joy and creating a photo memory for their family members.

Lastly, please keep these conversations out of the reports area...there is enough negativity floating around the recreational fishery as it is.

Brian

I wouldn’t say that what they did was illegal, isn’t it ok to catch and release in by Atkinson and fisheries still depending where the fish was hooked I think he’s fine (28-6). Nice fish! Dropping his granddaughter off in west van it was blowing hard think we passed you on the way in. Still flat calm at thrasher sun is out nice to be on the water.

Just asked that everyone be reasonable to each other here and to keep this topic from derailing the report threads as there are other places to discuss. Officially done with this here. Anymore posts on the subject will be deleted.

Figures, finally ready again and no keeping, oh well.

Looked up Albion test fishery, are they still doing that? Lots of 0's.

Well the river launch idea is diddled too, launching with mucho debris. Maybe I'll try going to Gates Park,

Anyone at Thrasher with a report? Been at Roger Curtis since early. A couple small springs gently released back but that’s all. Now pretty quiet and the straight is so flat I’m tempted to cross.

Coming back from thrasher 2 rock cod landed released a third and a small ling. Salmon fishing was slow one spring 10lbs. Slow fishing today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back