2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
fishing anchovies is going to get coho fishing shut down???? Guess I should stop cutplugging salmon rock then
Like anything would surprise you at this point? First thing that came to my mind when I was trying to process this "no fishing for chinook" thing was "I wonder if they'll ban the use of bait?" Not like it's an out there concept.

Out at RC finally. Rough ride but not bad inside. Lines in the water at about 7:45. Looking for the elusive Coho. Keep getting those pesky Springs. 43&33 on the riggers. Purple Haze and White hootchies. One for the white and two for purple haze. Last one good scrapper. Hatchery 10-12lbs.

Shallow i was hearing 25 feet just speed up a little bit and shorten your leader if using spoon flasher to 3-4'. Also no bananas has been producing from what i hear.

Shallow i was hearing 25 feet just speed up a little bit and shorten your leader if using spoon flasher to 3-4'. Also no bananas has been producing from what i hear.
25 feet and short is my go-to. They love that prop wash!

Going out tomorrow and friday to give it a go going to try throwing a dipsy diver out the back as well. Have army truck hootchie, white hootchie, brined herring will try the no bananas cop car and herring aid spoons too. May go to thrasher see how it is in the morning.

Going out tomorrow and friday to give it a go going to try throwing a dipsy diver out the back as well. Have army truck hootchie, white hootchie, brined herring will try the no bananas cop car and herring aid spoons too. May go to thrasher see how it is in the morning.
I’m just north of Thrasher right now. We’ve landed ten salmon this afternoon. Mostly undersize however landed three that woulda been keepers including a nice hatchery.

Canada Day Salmon.jpg
Was the head lacerated?

Yes the throat was cut open.. \

I haven't fished since the Chinook closure as Catch & Realease injures the fish. But today I was dropping my Granddaughter off to her dad in West Vancouver & she wanted to fish, so we dropped our lines at Point Atkison and within 5 minutes we hit a screamer. We had to net it as we could'nt get the hook out. out of the water for only a few seconds and I did mange to take a quick picture...

Attachments

• Canada Day Salmon.jpg
    Canada Day Salmon.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 105
View attachment 54386

Yes the throat was cut open.. \

I haven't fished since the Chinook closure as Catch & Realease injures the fish. But today I was dropping my Granddaughter off to her dad in West Vancouver & she wanted to fish, so we dropped our lines at Point Atkison and within 5 minutes we hit a screamer. We had to net it as we could'nt get the hook out. out of the water for only a few seconds and I did mange to take a quick picture...
What. A. Hog.

A dead hog based on the handling unfortunately...

Last edited:
It depends if done properly but that means wearing the fish out pretty bad even those big pictures of the 60lbs fish in haida gwai i bet that fish was fatigued to the extreme. You have to make sure they don't beat themselves to death.

With the no fishing for chinook i think they mean no netting but then the slot limit is the same thing nets and pictures. If I caught a fish that big ide want a picture too. But the next fish can swim free. This entire situation is backwards we shouldn't be here to begin with.

It depends if done properly but that means wearing the fish out pretty bad even those big pictures of the 60lbs fish in haida gwai i bet that fish was fatigued to the extreme. You have to make sure they don't beat themselves to death.

With the no fishing for chinook i think they mean no netting but then the slot limit is the same thing nets and pictures. If I caught a fish that big ide want a picture too. But the next fish can swim free. This entire situation is backwards we shouldn't be here to begin with.
100% I'd take a picture too. That's a trophy fish for these waters. Laying across dry flannel and cotton sweaters though has most certainly wiped it clean of it's protective slime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back