All Things COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still can't stand the argument of "was it worth it?". Using BC or even Canada's results as a variable in that equation doesn't make any f***ing sense at all! We got these results because we did what we did. Go and try and do your stupid math vs. If we did nothing at all and I'm sure the answer will be clear. God!

IT seems more and more decisions around covid are being made for economical reasons and not health care reasons.

Going into the lock down definitely flatten the curve and IMO was the right choice. Tho it seems having another lock down is trying to be avoided by using masks.

bonnie just announced limited visitors will be allowed in care homes. don't no if this was made for medical reason or for sanity reasons.

Stories like this are bound to appear, and numerous other ones probably don't appear due to family request for privacy (think suicides here). This is sad, there's no doubt about it. There's always is going to be some trade off when public policy is involved and obviously some people are going to feel wronged and some people are going to suffer. This is the reality of our society, and also our medical system. No matter how good our doctors and medical system is there will still be people dying everyday from all sorts of causes.

What I don't understand is why some groups of people keep talking about the age of the COVID patients and deaths. Does a person's old age make them less worthy of staying in good health and living their fullest life? I'm really struggling with this topic, where people keep making these vague references to the bulk of the deaths being old people. Where's the compassion there?

I hear what you are saying. My point of bringing up the age was not to say they are less valuable. What I was trying to get across was the loss of life from 40-70 yr old due to lock down in order to help pepole who already have exceeded the avg.

Pepole who still have the best years ahead are starting to suffer.

I know it's not an easy thing to disscuss. But my point of bringing it up is to look at that important fact. If we need to lock down in the future how do we do better?

If we need to lock down in the future how do we do better?

there does not seem to be a political appetite for this to happen. Even in many other countries that are seeing a rise in cases due to covid most are still moving forward with their reopening plan.

there does not seem to be a political appetite for this to happen. Even in many other countries that are seeing a rise in cases due to covid most are still moving forward with their reopening plan.
Dead people can't complain about how you handled something...

I still don't agree with this its an old person disease, so lets let those ones die and we can keep working. Alberta's financial problem goes way beyond Covid. I totally get why they are frustrated. Canada has completely abandoned oil industry. The US is screwing them, and this government. If the industry was doing better I bet the conversation would be different. Just my view.

COVID is serious illness one just has too look at the US of what not to do. COVID is here but we are all suppressing it with our actions every day. If we don't want a second wave then we have to behave responsibly. If we don't act possibility it will get shut down, and no businesses want that. I sure don't.

Im not making this an economic case. Im just bringing forward the other cost of lockdown. The human cost.

Im not making this an economic case. Im just bringing forward the other cost of lockdown. The human cost.
Enough of this 'lockdown' talk. The implication behind the term is something heavy is being imposed on us and we are losing our physical freedom. We never came close to a lockdown in western Canada, and it is very unlikely it would happen in the future. Tell someone from northern Italy about our COVID experience here and they'd chuckle. Call it a lockdown and they'd **** themselves laughing after spraying their drink across the room. Those folk were not permitted to leave their homes at all, 24/7, for as much as 10 weeks in some towns. One trip outside the home per week for food and medicine. Kids not allowed outside to play. Armed police manning roadblocks around the quarantined areas and patrolling the streets looking for violators.

We've had a pretty cruisey ride through COVID so far compared to almost anywhere else you can think of. The purpose of my earlier post was to highlight how much we have rather than dwelling on what we lost. Yes we have had other forms of damage beyond the death toll, but so too have all the other jurisdictions, and those harms have likely been more serious, because their restrictions were more onerous and of greater duration.

Lesson from Arizona

In the U.S., some states that were starting to reopen businesses and public spaces just a few weeks ago are now reversing course amid new surges of the coronavirus. One such state is Arizona, where officials have ordered gyms, bars and other businesses to close again as infections spike.

It's like you're whispering around here looking for a speakeasy so you can commiserate with other disgruntled people about the terrible injustice of the government overreach due to the restrictions.

In BC our health officer Dr. Bonnie Henry has referenced the other consequences of the restrictions numerous times. I don't think this is lost on any of the policy makers or even the public at large. This is an unprecedented time. Here in BC the public officials have also spoken about changes to the response and policy as the situation has evolved and as new information has been learned. There has also been a tremendous effort put in to getting the "elective" surgeries and procedures performed. I actually have a family member that is going for an "elective" surgery tomorrow.

The story about the guy who died because he didn't get a defibrillator is sad, there's no doubt. It's also rather one-sided and will always be that way because health officials will cite privacy concerns and won't share the other side. We don't know much about what other risk factors the patient had, or other circumstances around his case. The details matter but are unlikely to be shared.

Like Dr. Henry says, "Be kind, be calm, and be safe"

The real issue with covid-19 lockdown is the actions government will or must take is to limit impacts on the health care system ... The Covid-19 pandemic without restrictions would overload the health care system
The attached link shows the decline in deaths in China that resulted from less pollution levels during their peak covis-19 https://medicine.yale.edu/news-article/24721/

I'm sure similar results have occured in all countries. Yet we don't implement restrictions to improve the environment.. This is because they are within levels the health care system can handle ..
Image the health care savings we could achieve if we brought pollution levels down to those occuring during peak covid levels

God “help” America!
PLEASE DO NOT OPEN OUR BORDER ANYTIME SOON TO AMERICANS!
marcus.jpg

“A Southern California man who tested positive for coronavirus after attending a party expressed his fear and regret a day before he died.

Macias worked as a truck driver and suffered from diabetes, making him especially vulnerable to the virus

A friend who was at the party reached out to Macias to say he had coronavirus, and he was aware of the diagnosis when he attended the gathering but didn't think he could infect anyone because he had no symptoms.”

51 years old

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back