Gold River boat launch

DFO still is not selling licences to Non-Canadians and every non canadian that purchased a licence pre Covid lock down has been notified that it is no longer valid.. If there are Americans fishing in Nootka, they are fishing without Valid Licences.

DFO still is not selling licences to Non-Canadians and every non canadian that purchased a licence pre Covid lock down has been notified that it is no longer valid.. If there are Americans fishing in Nootka, they are fishing without Valid Licences.
Good Point on the License. Doesn't the non resident license expire same as resident ones?

What about the tire slashing of American vehicles at the boat launch , that’s aggressive.
But so is thinking the rules apply to everyone else but you.
Now the locals that where worried about the Covid thing but opened up for us anyway are probably pissed.
So what does that mean, our American brothers are here illegally? No 14 day isolation

What about the tire slashing of American vehicles at the boat launch , that’s aggressive.
But so is thinking the rules apply to everyone else but you.
Now the locals that where worried about the Covid thing but opened up for us anyway are probably pissed.
So what does that mean, our American brothers are here illegally? No 14 day isolation

Honestly, I don't believe it. So much fake news nonsense in social media these days.

Honestly, I don't believe it. So much fake news nonsense in social media these days.
Would be helpful is you were to clarify your post.
Are you saying the American licensed trailers were here legally.
Or maybe they were not owned by Americans?
Or this whole story is just false news?
Just like the Americans who were holidaying in Banff on their way to Alaska?

Would be helpful is you were to clarify your post.
Are you saying the American licensed trailers were here legally.
Or maybe they were not owned by Americans?
Or this whole story is just false news?
Just like the Americans who were holidaying in Banff on their way to Alaska?

Exactly, people are making this stuff up. Same with all the supposed tickets people got for not social distancing...never happened.

I could be wrong, and if so I'll eat my words, but I just don't believe these reports.

Interesting that I couldn't find any social media posts about this. This is the kind of thing that news outlets love to post on their social media as it creates lots of clicks. I did find this article in the Campbell River Mirror about tomorrows opening of the launch. It indicates that it will be for BC residents only so I assume someone will be checking License ID and plates from tomorrow onward?

https://www.campbellrivermirror.com...-boat-ramp-open-to-b-c-visitors-from-june-26/

For what it's worth iv been down to the sort the last 2 days and not seen any yankees plates or flat tires. I'd like to think I'd have noticed, but could have missed em i guess...

I know it wasn't anyone on this site but

I have Alberta plates on my vehicle you guys going to flatten my tires? I live on the Island and I've been to a ramp many times. We dont know their situation as to why they are here. There is a big list of possibilities so let's not get triggered by plates and let's not resort to being a coward by damaging their property and talk to the actual people.

I have Alberta plates on my vehicle you guys going to flatten my tires? I live on the Island and I've been to a ramp many times. We dont know their situation as to why they are here. There is a big list of possibilities so let's not get triggered by plates and let's not resort to being a coward by damaging their property and talk to the actual people.

The ferry was packed with Alberta plates s the last time I was on it o don’t think it’s something to worry about

I thought BC and Alta were considered a bubble. Travel is now permitted between the two. It’s hard to get this information anywhere but I read that in a news story earlier this week. The whole thing around travel restrictions in Canada and who can travel where is a real cluster.

Been getting lots of looks since march not that I care just dont vandalize my truck.

Anyways back to gold river discussion

Correct... vandalism is a cowards way.
So question for you is if you live on the Island, why do you not have BC plates yet?

On not having BC plates. I have a house on the island, my partner and daughter live on the island, but I teach in Manitoba. University teaching jobs are not a dime a dozen so I go back and forth. Obviously with Covid I have been here since March, teaching using technology. I still have a Manitoba driver's license and medical card, my boat trailer has a BC plate but my jeep which I use there has a MB plate. My BC Freshwater License is Non-Resident in BC. There are legitimate reasons to have vehicles registered out of province.

On not having BC plates. I have a house on the island, my partner and daughter live on the island, but I teach in Manitoba. University teaching jobs are not a dime a dozen so I go back and forth. Obviously with Covid I have been here since March, teaching using technology. I still have a Manitoba driver's license and medical card, my boat trailer has a BC plate but my jeep which I use there has a MB plate. My BC Freshwater License is Non-Resident in BC. There are legitimate reasons to have vehicles registered out of province.

lots of legit reasons. My good friend is a US Customs/Border patrol officer. Lives in Delta but has a home in Bellingham. All his cars have Washington State plates. Has had it that way for 15 years.

I have relatives here from the states now. They live in their 5th wheel trailer full time and travel between Canada and the States. She is Canadian and he is American. They are here to take care of ageing parents. They notified the border well in advance of getting to the border and had all paper work in order. They were held at the border for 2.5 hours, tested and questioned by 5 different officers. Their story was checked and confirmed and they were sent on there way and were told that they would be doing house checks to confirm they were self isolating for 14 days. They said that Border Security was very professional and treated them very nice. They finished their self isolation last week and are now able to do all the things everyone else can do. I would hate for something bad to happen to them just because they have American plates on there truck. I myself don't believe Canadian citizens are vandalizing Americans vehicles. There is lots of people crossing borders for various reasons everyday, as long as everything is on the up and up there should be no reason to harass these people.

See and no vandalism occured ;) . Just asking a simple question got a truthful answer

your reasons are your reasons and not my place to judge. At least you didnt say because you dont want to pay PST lol

lots of legit reasons. My good friend is a US Customs/Border patrol officer. Lives in Delta but has a home in Bellingham. All his cars have Washington State plates. Has had it that way for 15 years.

A US citizen who lives in delta...but still cant get a sportfishing license

Back