2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, plenty of talk about this topic in the Conservation threads. Leave this one for reports.

Have to have all licences with a one dollar surcharge as a union due , then everyone who buys a fresh or salt licence in BC pays one dollar toward a membership that will form everyone under it. Only way it will ever work.

Hit West Van for a 2 hour fish this afternoon. Nada. Probably a bit too early for cohos. Water very murky with algae bloom but nothing sticking to lines. Was lonely out there.

Admin - given that we are all pissed and not able to fish much let people vent a bit.

Hit West Van for a 2 hour fish this afternoon. Nada. Probably a bit too early for cohos. Water very murky with algae bloom but nothing sticking to lines. Was lonely out there.

Admin - given that we are all pissed and not able to fish much let people vent a bit.

People are venting and we never said they couldn't...just asking to vent in the appropriate forum so we don't have the same discussion going on in multiple threads.

Brian

Have to rename this site "NO SPORTFISHING BC"

How can we have a thread on fishing reports when we can't fish for anything??? Who cares what forum we talk about this in as always its just talk !!! I personally don't give a **** anymore we pay for these bureaucrats fat salaries and there golden umbrella pensions and this is how we are treated as the driving force of local economies at fuel docks boat launches marinas tackle stores food stores and restaurants. Not to mention the local guides. Yet as usual we are silenced by some non sensical bs our hard earned dollars and our votes and voices don't mean **** because as usual we are silenced by people who are motivated by greed and status and never once have they taken the time realize the science and the fact we the people who put them in power are the ones out on the water catching all the clipped Chinook with no retention. But as usual our voices are not heard. So now what ?,we all start poaching because that's what they're driving us to we all have major investments in our boats our gear our moorage our tow rigs if you think after all the time and money ive invested in fishing in these waters for 50 years im going to be stopped from the right to harvest a few fish for my family they are sadly mistaken. This isn't a fishing report any longer cause we can no longer fish!!

How can we have a thread on fishing reports when we can't fish for anything??? Who cares what forum we talk about this in as always its just talk !!! I personally don't give a **** anymore we pay for these bureaucrats fat salaries and there golden umbrella pensions and this is how we are treated as the driving force of local economies at fuel docks boat launches marinas tackle stores food stores and restaurants. Not to mention the local guides. Yet as usual we are silenced by some non sensical bs our hard earned dollars and our votes and voices don't mean **** because as usual we are silenced by people who are motivated by greed and status and never once have they taken the time realize the science and the fact we the people who put them in power are the ones out on the water catching all the clipped Chinook with no retention. But as usual our voices are not heard. So now what ?,we all start poaching because that's what they're driving us to we all have major investments in our boats our gear our moorage our tow rigs if you think after all the time and money ive invested in fishing in these waters for 50 years im going to be stopped from the right to harvest a few fish for my family they are sadly mistaken. This isn't a fishing report any longer cause we can no longer fish!!
Let’s get our facts straight. You can still fish. Chinook isn’t the only fish in the ocean. As a matter of fact, you can still fish and kill 2 hatchery coho in areas around Vancouver. What DFO has done is all political BS and nonsense but that doesn’t mean that we misinform ourselves and others. This is a fishing report thread for those who want to get out and enjoy the bit of legal fisheries that are still available to us. Let’s take the venting to the Conservation and Politics forum.

Let’s get our facts straight. You can still fish. Chinook isn’t the only fish in the ocean. As a matter of fact, you can still fish and kill 2 hatchery coho in areas around Vancouver. What DFO has done is all political BS and nonsense but that doesn’t mean that we misinform ourselves and others. This is a fishing report thread for those who want to get out and enjoy the bit of legal fisheries that are still available to us. Let’s take the venting to the Conservation and Politics forum.
The way it's being reported "no fishing for chinook" means no salmon fishing whatsoever. Maybe they'll clear that up in the coming days.

I did not mean to make coments on this forum but sorry couldn't help it. People including mysel spent close to $100K on boat, gears and ongoing maintenacnce cost are not goinng to be very happy to wait 9 or 10 months to catch coupl of cohos. Chinook is the main reason most of us fish around here.

The way it's being reported "no fishing for chinook" means no salmon fishing whatsoever. Maybe they'll clear that up in the coming days.
I read the regs the way that the judge in the court of law would use for ruling. They are poorly written and can be interpreted in different ways. But to me, there’s no way that a ticket from DFO would survive the dispute process in the court of law b/c there’s another DFO reg that’s clearly stating the coho openings in areas 28-29. Last time I checked, you couldn’t be half-pregnant in the court of law. So, unless they change the coho reg, let’s not make it more complicated than what it really is.

I read the regs the way that the judge in the court of law would use for ruling. They are poorly written and can be interpreted in different ways. But to me, there’s no way that a ticket from DFO would survive the dispute process in the court of law b/c there’s another DFO reg that’s clearly stating the coho openings in areas 28-29. Last time I checked, you couldn’t be half-pregnant in the court of law. So, unless they change the coho reg, let’s not make it more complicated than what it really is.
Great point.

If you decide to run for office yer gettin my vote, A!!!

I did not mean to make coments on this forum but sorry couldn't help it. People including mysel spent close to $100K on boat, gears and ongoing maintenacnce cost are not goinng to be very happy to wait 9 or 10 months to catch coupl of cohos. Chinook is the main reason most of us fish around here.
We are all pissed off and tired of this sh*tshow. We all pay a lot of money for the sport that we love. Call me idiot, but I just spent a sh*tload of money on my electronics upgrade. Just ordered some stuff from Florida this morning which is going to cost me a fortune to ship to Vancouver. But hey, I am going to get out and enjoy our beautiful outdoors with my kids and also use every opportunity to push back on this nonsense. Between a shity economy, Covid, summer vacation cancellations and bored kids at home, I just want to see some fishing reports even if they are a small 2-liner update. That’s what makes me feel like something’s waiting out there for me to keep my mental health in check.

You can slice it up however you like if want to split hairs go ahead thats up to you. I'm actually not misinformed ive read the ruling ive read Tonellis report ive been on the water ive been fishing for a long-time this is another way that we are being duped out of our rights like it or not. I'm not here to make enemies but if you think a couple of cohies is going to sedate the facts then maybe im not the one who is midinformed

Clearly its why nothing gets done,because we sit on our asses and say oh its good enough there giving us two coho clearly thats enough,instead of uniting and saying no this isn't good enough this is an outrage that is duping Canadians out of our rights. Im not sorry and I'm not going to go quietly

Clearly its why nothing gets done,because we sit on our asses and say oh its good enough there giving us two coho clearly thats enough,instead of uniting and saying no this isn't good enough this is an outrage that is duping Canadians out of our rights. Im not sorry and I'm not going to go quietly
Good luck!
The boat is loaded and ready on the driveway. I’m going fishing!

Nobody is telling you to stop being pissed off or to go away quietly, but the conversation you want and need to have is ongoing in the Conservation section, with plenty of information and ideas being floated there. This is the last I am going to post about this here and will simply delete anything related to that topic in this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back